1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Syria

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by flippy01, Sep 7, 2013.

1. carrotconnector

carrotconnector ˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚˚ ˚˚˚˚ Assembly Line Worker

Well its mainly because of the oil deposits there. I know, i know, it says on the news its because of a chemical weapons attack. But how easily could a chemical weapon hoax be made up in a studio in, let's say, California. The oil deposits there are the only that are not controlled by the west meaning the west will do anything to get hold of them. The world is really corrupt, and i can't believe what the news tells us. It rubbish.

2. trexmasterrace

trexmasterrace Assembly Line Worker

yeah why dont you tell all the syrians fleeing to lebanon that its just a big hoax lol
    and the oil deposits there are the only one in the worlds not controlled by the west? give me source of information kid or leave with your claims

3. Haxzerz

Haxzerz Bolt

actually
    not very

4. carrotconnector

Well why would the US say to anyone what theyre capable of? And trex, there not going to tell the world theyre doing it for power and oil? Noone would like them then and or trust them

5. trexmasterrace

what exactly in my post are you responding to?
    you havent given me a source that says there is only one oil deposit not controlled by the west and instead went off on some ridiculous strawman about power

once again everybody - 0 trex - 1
    there is no one in this thread who even remotely has an idea of whats going on right now(with the exception of haxzerz because all he said was 'not very')

6. Haxzerz

Haxzerz Bolt

wtf are you on about? neither me nor trex said anything about those things

7. carrotconnector

trex -
    In 2009, Syria's net petroleum exports were estimated to be 148,000 bbl/d (23,500 m3/d).[26] All oil exports are marketed by Sytrol, Syria's state oil marketing firm, which sells most of its volumes under 12-month contracts. Syrian crude oil exports go mostly to the European Union, in particular Germany, Italy, and France, totaling an estimated 137,400 bbl/d (21,840 m3/d) in 2009, according to Eurostat.[34] In 2010, the European Union as a whole spent $4.1 billion on Syrian oil imports.[35] Local exporters of oil in Syria include the Altoun Group in Maraba Damascus Syria.[36]

The oil sector of the economy faces many challenges, such as, a decline in output and production resulting from technological problems and a depletion of oil reserves. Syria's rate of oil production has decreased steadily, from a peak close to 610,000 bbl/d (97,000 m3/d) in 1995 down to approximately 385,000 bbl/d (61,200 m3/d) in 2010. Meanwhile, consumption is rising, which means that Syria could become a net oil importer within a decade.[27][29] To counteract this problem, Syria has intensified oil exploration efforts. Syria's upstream oil production and development has traditionally been the mandate of the Syrian Petroleum Company (SPC), an arm of the Syrian Ministry of Petroleum and Mineral Resources. The SPC has undertaken efforts to reverse the trend toward declining oil production and exports by increasing oil exploration and production in partnership with foreign oil companies. The SPC directly controls about half of the country's oil production and takes a 50 percent stake in development work with foreign partners.[31]
    Source - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Syria#Oil

Im sure it says somewhere in that they are controlled by the SPC ( Syrian Petroleum Company. Correct me if im wrong...

8. trexmasterrace

not sure if notsrs, or srs but completely missed my point

yes this is controlled by syrian petroleum company
    you say all but one is controlled by the west, failed to provide a source and two times went on with a strawman.
    is the iranian oil company controlled by the west? is gazprom? hint: no

pls go until educated