1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Syria

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by flippy01, Sep 7, 2013.

1. flippy01

flippy01 Cogwheel

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Thoughts and opinions of the latest goings-ons in Syria, with all this chemical weapon stuff flying around.

2. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

-approved

Anyway, I disagree with the things Obama is trying to push. Most other countries' leaders aren't agreeing to it for a reason. It is most likely rebels used the chemicals.

3. Çedar

Çedar Coffee Piston

Chemical Weapons should not be used but I disagree that we should get involved in a war. If get in a war with Syria we will also get in a war with Russia. I can't believe we're sending so much money in weapons over to Syria.

4. trexmasterrace

trexmasterrace Assembly Line Worker

so much confusion in this thread

technicaly they should be agreeing to it because the un is supposed to be the worlds police,stop people from using those weapons but they just let people do whatever they want. but the proof that the weapons were used is questionable

russia would never get in a war over a chit country like syria. russia and china just tell usa to fuk off, but no smart leader would do that, theyd lose because theyd be up against usa, uk, all their allies etc. and would risk nuclear destruction of earth over fukin syria? lol
    i can see russia getting in a war over iran though maybe

5. Çedar

Çedar Coffee Piston

Russia and China need Syria to get access to one of the seas over there. If they loose Syria they would loose a lot of their trade.

6. trexmasterrace

u wot
    russia gets a lot of money from iran which is why i said they might consider going to war over that. im sure they arent worried about losing syria lol, if they needed that trade money so bad then why have they not responded to deals like the one saudi araba offered

7. Çedar

Çedar Coffee Piston

Russia need Syria because Russa's ships go through Syria.

8. Scipion

Scipion bezt trukmall membr Engineer

"First, strategic interests are at stake. In Tartus, Syria hosts the sole remaining Russian naval base on the Mediterranean, currently being refurbished by 600 Russian technicians after long disuse. To have to give up this Middle Eastern beachhead would be a shame, as far as the Russians are concerned.
    ˚
    Second, although limited, Russia has real commercial interests in Syria. Contracts to sell arms to Damascus — both those signed and under negotiation — total $5 billion. Having lost $13 billion due to international sanctions on Iran and $4.5 billion in canceled contracts to Libya, Russia's defense industry is already reeling. Besides arms exports, Russian companies have major investments in Syria's infrastructure, energy and tourism sectors, worth $19.4 billion in 2009."

http://today.ucla.edu/portal/ut/PRN-russia-s-support-for-assad-regime-228392.aspx

9. trexmasterrace

we can agree, but they wont war over this when they would obviously lose

hahaha russias gdp was like 2 trillion, the billions in exports to syria mean nothing

10. armator

armator Assembly Line Worker

America is an idiot for trying to be helpful so much. We got involved in a 10+ year war with Afghanistan or some crap that shouldn't only lasted 2 years because the dang guy kept coming back! And now were taking risks with involving with chemical weapons? Sometimes it's better to stay out of things, I want to get out of this country because we're so stupid

No Syria war pls

11. Scipion

Scipion bezt trukmall membr Engineer

America is not trying to be helpful. The politics is still black and white. It's all about interests.
    @trex Tartus is their only entrance to Mediterranean. Without it, they'd be stuck in the Black sea.

12. trexmasterrace

this is what i agree with if you actually had read my posts, but russia is definately not on their side because they want real commercial interests. anyone who thinks russia wants this for money should actually read my posts

also did no one even read my first post? 'technicaly they should be agreeing to it because the un is supposed to be the worlds police,stop people from using those weapons but they just let people do whatever they want.'

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  13. The Pivoter

The Pivoter TheOfficialPivotex Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    I think this is just something caused by the USA screwing something up yet again with Middle-Eastern countries.

14. trexmasterrace

yeah, the civil war is the usas fault how do you figure?
    its like no one in this thread knows anything, good luck with your getting information from russia today and al jazeera goals of 2013 and beyond

15. The Pivoter

The Pivoter TheOfficialPivotex Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    I guess they're just screwed up, so they try to pick wars with countries to gain popularity. I also watched The Naked Gun and The Simpsons Movie.

16. trexmasterrace

lol@ sources
    i think it would be more for the economy boost rather than popularity though wtf lol

17. Recordbreak

Recordbreak Retired Staff Retired Staff

I don't think those sources are valid enough to boast. xD
    I haven't been keeping up with this topic, although I keep trying to get into these important USA topics. All I know is that the logic of this isn't too strong. Are we killing Syrians to stop Syrians from killing Syrians?

18. trexmasterrace

what do you mean the logic isnt to strong? its a civil war going on, you act like all syrians are on one team

19. chocodude

chocodude Mechanic

Wont spending that much put them further in debt?

20. trexmasterrace

who are you talking about? please specify