1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions for Coloraze

Discussion in 'Coloraze' started by colinbrownec, Oct 28, 2011.

1. colinbrownec

colinbrownec TrackMill Developer TrackMill Developer Developer

Since most of the bugs seem to have been ironed out I want to ask everyone here on what they would like to see from Coloraze! New blocks (or colors?) can be added relatively easily without ruining already made levels. So I want to know what the community thinks would make a cool addition already.

Several ideas have already been put forth, so I will collect and comment on them here:
    Moving Obstacles: This includes moving platforms and dynamic enemies.
    I think that this could add to the game, but the only downside is the way they would actually work in-game. Everything would only be able to move horizontally or vertically, which isn't really a bad thing. They would only switch direction when they collide with another placed block (you wouldn't be able to place markers that have them switch directions, collision would be the only way the would change)

Ghost Mode: A ghost of the leader (or a chosen opponent?) would race you.
    I actually love this idea, but need to talk with goose or someone to figure out how it would actually work. The only problem that I can see is that the ghost could potentially reveal shortcuts which were not meant to be taken. This isn't all bad, as you could find these loop holes yourself, but once somebody in the lead uses a shortcut, they will be revealed immediately to new players. Just a thought.

Checkpoints: Checkpoints could be activated to save your progress.
    I will probably add this, even if some people oppose them, they could encourage devilishly hard levels or other creative uses. If you don't like them you wouldn't need to use them.

More Portals: More than one set of each colored portal could be used.
    I can't make it so it will work with an infinite number of portals (the data needed to save which portal links to which wouldn't work with current levels). But I can expand it to five portals of each color. That's better than one portal of each, right?

Every Way Boosts: Boost blocks that function in different directions.
    I'm not too sure how this would actually work in-game. I think that the biggest advantage to this idea would be that some blocks would be accessible only from certain directions. Just like you can't drop down from a boost block, blocks could be entered from the left (or right) but you wouldn't be able to go the other direction.

More Map Space: A bigger map space in the editor.
    This would be nice but I think that levels already made would have to be converted? Either way, I'll look into this, I think I can at least squeeze you guys a couple more blocks.

Pushable Objects: Objects that could be pushed by rolling into them.
    I actually tried making these when I wrote the game, but scraped them when the physics of them didn't work the way I wanted them to. But I can try making these again.

Stars / Collectibles: Objects that would have to be collected before the level could be finished.
    I like this idea, and it would be easy to add. What do you think the collectible should be?

Gravity Switchers Switches that would change the direction of the gravity.
    Another idea that I like. Although I would still have to determine exactly how these would work, it's a worthy suggestion.

Please share your own suggestions and help me figure out the ones already suggested!

2. Deezy1337

Deezy1337 I'm lonely, LF sext buddy TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

I love all the ideas.
    Kinda excited for ghost feature and checkpoints.
    If a user finds a shortcut others haven't, that's part of the game. Isn't it? :]
    5 portals each color - 60 portals
    That's a lot and I think that will satisfy users that use a lot of portals. Like bsaa :]
    The boosts blocks in other directions could maybe be triggered by another key?
    Like the down key.
    The stars/collectibles should be an animated version of your avatar :]
    Gravity switchers could work like the game "Shift" or the iOS app "Gravity Guy".

3. fatfry2

fatfry2 I like fries Engineer

Bigger maps and changing gravity

4. Studio

Studio Assembly Line Worker

scroll, so you can move around the map like FR2.

5. mla96

mla96 Cogwheel

How about triangular blocks like in izzi?

6. rad dude650

rad dude650 Pfft. Titles are 4 n00bz. Cogwheel

woah deep stuff, i couldn't take it in.MY HEAD EXPLODED!I highly hope this gets to Trackmill.com!:D :thumbs:

7. fatfry2

fatfry2 I like fries Engineer

It already is

8. {6.6.6}

{6.6.6} I hope I make you proud. Engineer

This !

9. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Locks opening and closing from time to time

Slightly blunt spikes that take health points off you, and chocolate bars that restore it.

Invincibility pills that make you immune to spikes for ten seconds.

10. rad dude650

rad dude650 Pfft. Titles are 4 n00bz. Cogwheel

Nice but.... CHOCO BARS!:lolwut::rofl: What about burgers or hot chocolate or any other food than CHOCO BARS! Here's an idea: the choc bars could slow u down.:cool:

11. Studio

Studio Assembly Line Worker

No none of that, I would like what I suggested earlier.

12. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

Idk who said it earlier, but I'm too lazy to go back and look since I'm already on the second page.

Triangular blocks. That would be epic. You could make ramps n stuff to make the ball go faster and perhaps zig-zag tubes. That'd be fun.

13. mla96

mla96 Cogwheel

I have an idea that will blow everyones mind. How about gravity modifiers so you can play the game on 4 directions?

14. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

;) .

Muzik Bike :D likes this.
  15. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

Perhaps a normal block, except one could jump into it from underneath, and then land on it, then roll on it. Basically like the physics of the boost block, except only being able to jump onto it from underneath and no boost ability.

16. jake to cake

jake to cake TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

A big square type thing. (e.g. it would take up the space of 4 normal blocks) pretty much just a bigger version.

Muzik Bike :D likes this.
  17. Corn Rider

Corn Rider free trex Mechanic

for the ghost mode, maybe there could just be one ghost that the creator of the track makes at the beginning to show people how to complete the track.

also, how about the creator is required to complete the track before they submit it?

18. mla96

mla96 Cogwheel

That would be great.

19. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    For the Ghost mode, there could be Opponent shockers when one rolls over it, the other guy stops for 10 seconds but the collector of the shocker can move freely.

There could be other shockers that do this in vice versa.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  20. jch789

jch789 goose's old account Mechanic

solid blocks for art and previewer this would add a different aspect to the game.