1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Maximum Frustration Bugs

Discussion in 'Maximum Frustration 2' started by Freedo, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Freedo

Freedo Administrator Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    Post bugs, I will update this post.

Site:
    -(DONE)Title of the page needs to be uppercase
    -needs help page
    -(DONE)highscores say Arri has 2 highscores, but when you look to see on which maps, it only shows one
    -on the games menu the FR2 and DUI preview picture things are broken --> I dont see the glitch(goose)
    (DONE)-Title with the description underneath (beneath the top blue bar) needs to be uppercase
    -when doing a search the name seems to need to be exact, because arri doesn't work, but arri_ does
    (DONE)-voting icons are coloraze icons

(DONE)-nothing in the latest forum activity thing... yet
    (DONE)-empty banner at the bottom
    -The "level has been added to favs" dialogue goes under the game so you can't see it unless you scroll up. same goes for mark as spam

Game:
    - (DONE) during the level, pressing R makes you restart, but at the end, enter makes you restart. they should probably be the same
    - (DONE) in the creator, when selecting block (clicking it) the block moves , and you have to move it back to where you had it, when selecting it should just select, not move.
    - (NO NEED TO CHANGE) you shouldn't be able to place more than one goal EDIT: well actually I suppose you can make fake goal death traps...
    - (WON'T CHANGE) you are allowed to submit unbeatable tracks, you should have to test it before you submit: http://trackmill.com/maximumfrustration2/levels/4
    - (WON'T CHANGE) as far as I can see, deaths aren't taken into consideration in the highscores, and they probably should be

From Arri_:
    Thank you for this topic, it will help me a lot.
    This will be my list of changes and bugfixes to the game itself.

21st Nov 2012:
    - Selecting blocks in the editor is much better now
    - The player in the editor will always be on top of blocks
    - Added R KEY support when death/win screen pop-ups in Play Mode
    - Possibly (?) fixed issue with X'es on the blocks in thumbinal/screenshot
    - Timer will now start when player makes a move while playing someone's level
    - Invisible blocks will now appear on top of other blocks when touched in Play Mode
    - Added R KEY support in the editor for deleting blocks
    - Launch blocks no longer launch into air when player flies upwards next while touching their side
    - Fixed bug where blocks would appear in a diffrent order in the Play Mode than in the Editor

22nd Nov 2012:
    - Death blocks and launch blocks will always appear on top of other blocks when touched
    - At the begining all Finish blocks will be on top of other blocks (no hidden finishes)
    - Launch blocks no longer launch into air when player flies upwards next while touching their side (fixed again, now for good!)
    - Fixed bug allowing to cancel launching from launch blocks by holding the jump button
    - Fixed bug where level thumbinal would have a white background (or part of it)
    - Enter can now restart a level too

23rd Nov 2012:
    - New arrow indictator when player is above the map (for help)
    - Touched death and finish blocks will now flash

27 Nov 2012:
    - New "Load from Code" feature (New Map -> Load from Code)

6 Apr 2013:
    - Lighted up the gray block to look more like a white block
    - Made the yellow block more yellow-like
    - Added new color blocks: orange and brown
    - Added an easter egg, when you reach a certian ammount of deaths :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2013
  2. naturehatesme

naturehatesme What's happenin' Mechanic

Sorry but... MF2 is out?

3. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

What do you guys think we should do for the rating image?

4. Arri_

Arri_ TrackMill Developer TrackMill Developer Developer

I think that the FFUUU meme would fit perfectly.

5. naturehatesme

This .

6. Freedo

Freedo Administrator Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    Moved to the MF2 section because it seemed fitting to.

7. goose

hows this?
    [​IMG]

8. Zags

Zags (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    For the deaths, Maybe they should add a second onto the time? for every death. Or maybe half a second?

9. JohnnySZS

JohnnySZS Lions. Cogwheel

Would be nice if you could restart with the enter button even if you are not dead.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  10. derpdee63

derpdee63 Do you wanna explode? :D Piston

I think filled an empty should be switched. That or put a pokerface for empty. :p

Also, am I missing something, or is the creating area too small? Can you move the screen some way, or is there a bug with it?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  11. goose

use A and D
    [​IMG]

12. JohnnySZS

Scrolling over the "Thumbnail View" while it's already selected doesn't give a little black text box.

13. derpdee63

LOL I thought that was another way to move your guy! :rofl: Thank you goose!
    Also, you should be able to decide on one of the backgrounds for your map. I find it strange when it changes from mountains to clouds... :p

14. naturehatesme

I think there should be more backgrounds.

15. Arri_

Well, if you want more backgrounds then the community of Trackmill can make new backgrounds. I'll add them with no problem.
    If you guys are intersted in making new backgrounds, then they should be repeatable, fit the style of the backgrounds in the game and be 320x240.

16. JohnnySZS

The comment voting system is very buggy. The numbers sometimes don't appear and I have to click a vote twice.

17. naturehatesme

Ok. Great. I will try making some.

18. Arri_

New bugfixes and edits implemented. Check 1st post for changes!

19. JohnnySZS

- Fixed bug allowing to cancel launching from launch blocks by holding the jump button

Oh dang, part of my map was dependent on that... :/

20. derpdee63

*throws table* You just ruined my map! ;'(