1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

I'm depressed

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by Muzik Bike :D, Sep 30, 2014.

1. Ailegy

Ailegy Hugs :3 Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    Why do you come on Trackmill? Like, the internet's going to be gone some day so really you're just wasting time by posting. You can just leave now right? And do something like study immortality and figure out whether the Universe actually had a beginning and will have an end or not. You don't know how time works. Just because humans assigned a number to something doesn't mean that something actually works in a way that's understandable through numbers. There doesn't have to have been an beginning and there doesn't have to be an end. How about you think about that instead of being all depressed.

2. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    But that's basically incomprehensible. Humans cannot perceive the absence of time, nor the lack of beginnings or ends.

3. usermame 62

usermame 62 My Body is Ready! Assembly Line Worker

There's no need to figure that out because we have discovered CMBR (cosmic microwave background radiation) which can only be explained by The Big Bang Theory. Sure it would be wrong to say that it's correct now, but it seems to have the most compelling evidence. You can also find a baby picture if you type 'universe baby picture' or anything similar on Google.

She said that there doesn't HAVE to be a beginning or an end. So I think she's trying to say that our notions as well as the way we perceive time may be wrong.

4. rotfl

rotfl Your own guardian angel... With a fully loaded 44. Piston

You aren't going to live long enough to experience any of that anyways, so why bother think about it?

5. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    The truth is not bitter. It's sour. Disgustingly sour.

6. rotfl

If the truth tastes sour, then what does bitter taste like? [​IMG]

7. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    [​IMG]

Skeeny likes this.
  8. Isenki

Isenki Elite Pro CEO Master God VIP of Trackmill Retired Staff Retired Staff

Don't feel too down; in the end we (that is, those of us fortunate enough to have existed at all) are all just along for the ride. This quote always cheers me up and helps to put life in the right perspective:

We are going to die, and that makes us the lucky ones.

Most people are never going to die because they are never going to be born.

The potential people who could have been here in my place but who will in fact never see the light of day outnumber the sand grains of Arabia. Certainly those unborn ghosts include greater poets than Keats, scientists greater than Newton. We know this because the set of possible people allowed by our DNA so massively outnumbers the set of actual people.

In the teeth of these stupefying odds it is you and I, in our ordinariness, that are here. We privileged few, who won the lottery of birth against all odds, how dare we whine at our inevitable return to that prior state from which the vast majority have never stirred?

--Richard Dawkins, Unweaving the Rainbow

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Skeeny likes this.
  9. Forlorn333

Forlorn333 d3cornlorn999 TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Wonderful quote by a smart man, toad.

10. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Isenpai. Thank you for the willpower.

11. c3b4me

c3b4me Remember when this place was once was something? Piston

your feelings in words

12. usermame 62

usermame 62 My Body is Ready! Assembly Line Worker

13. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    I'm writing a creepypasta to vent

14. rotfl

Weren't you scared sh˚tless when you read creepypastas?

15. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Yes, and I'm putting it back where I got it

16. c3b4me

i reckon you would be one of the first people to die if all of active TM was in a horror movie, just because of your thoughts like this^

17. Ailegy

Ailegy Hugs :3 Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    The sIut dies first. You must not watch many horror movies.

EDIT: Since there are no sIuts I can think of that are active on Trackmill, I'm not going to disagree with your statement outright.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
  18. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Umm... Cornelias?

And I'd probably be the last to die. I'm enough of a wimp to stay away from my fears but brave enough to beat the ˚˚˚˚ out of them if I need to.

19. c3b4me

yes but the last to die is always street smart and brave, plus your idea of getting rid of your fears is to bringing them on to yourself.

20. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    If it's going to harm me, I'll put ˚˚˚˚ing distance in between.