1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

I brought this up too many times before but

Discussion in 'Ask Trackmill' started by Muzik Bike :D, Jul 20, 2014.

1. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    WE NEED TO GET MORE ACTIVITY IN THIS PLACE.

Back in the good old days before 2012 (or arguably April 2011 :$) this place was swarming with activity. Practically like a beehive. Now the place is like a secret club/ghost town. We are the only survivors and need to repopulate. A new user joins every so often, but usually leaves pretty swiftly. Most of the other users have left for years gone by, most without even posting. And the rest are... banned.

So how do we get more activity here? Discuss it in the replies, and the best ideas will be listed here. You can +1 ideas you like and -1 you hate.

1. Get PewDiePie or another famous YouTuber to play games here (not likely at all) +1

2. Put up ads 0

I look forward to your suggestions.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2014
  2. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

It's a good effort but these threads never help. IMO this forum won't gain popularity, I'm pretty sure it peaked a couple years ago. I remember when there were threads where you had to refresh every minute just to keep up with the posts. It doesn't happen like that anymore, obviously, and I don't think it will.

3. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    But that won't stop my efforts.

4. TTM

TTM Retired Staff Retired Staff

Sorry to say but the only thing that was keeping TrackMill completely active was mostly Free Rider 2. A lot of people have grown out of the game and are now living their life outside of TrackMill, a lot of people are too busy to be active, and with Free Rider HD, I don't see TrackMill going anywhere soon.
    None of the other games are getting population, plus a lot of admins and devs seem to be busy right now, but we'll see what happens in the future. Maybe something will happen.

5. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Hopefully.

Just need to wait on Coloraze: Rainbow Edition.

6. kingaling

kingaling Custom User Title Piston

grown out of the game?! i can hardly find ANYONE under 19 on this website!

7. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

Out of the people who frequent the site, I guarantee that 95% of them are under 19. Actually, I think it's safe to bet that users who are 16/17 are the max ages that use the site frequently. After that, it's true that they've grown out of it. I'm really starting to get tired of the inactivity but I can't complain, because I have nothing to contribute. That's why people leave.

8. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    This is why we need more games.

9. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

this is the key, and we are working on it. its very difficult, but we have a few games that we are going after.

10. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Awww yeah.

Not to mock you, but what about the 2013 May Update features? More like "I may update".

11. goose

so not to mock you, but i'm going to mock you anyway? gotchya.

(I'm really ok with being mocked, I deserve it. I just really dislike when people say "not to mock" or "I hate to be that guy", ect. If you dont want to mock, then dont mock. If you do, then do. can't have it both ways)

as for the updates:

I / we have been working on them here and there, but per usual life and other projects got in the way. We are pretty close to updating two of the things on the list.

12. kingaling

how about you have to earn doing stuff on here by using the forums

13. Ailegy

Ailegy Hugs :3 Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    then nobody would do stuff on here. It will have the opposite effect than what you hope for

14. kingaling

good point... well we could be more supportive to new users so they don't leave. lots of ppl on here that think they're too good for newbies call them noobs, rate they're levels 1/10. tbh if i was a new user and ppl called me a noob and everything i would leave.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  15. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    This.

I only got called a noob because I was one.

16. kingaling

u never were one no one is a noob. ppl are ppl

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  17. c3b4me

c3b4me Remember when this place was once was something? Piston

everyone how is new to something is a noob.
    noob is not an insult it is an accurate representation of what they are and what they will be until a later date.

18. Ailegy

Ailegy Hugs :3 Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    "new users". lol. don't be silly.

19. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Check out my 2011 posts. :evilwink:

20. goose

I do want to eventually get around to adding an achievement system. We can make a bunch of forum related achievements.