1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by {6.6.6}, May 24, 2012.

?

Whats your though?

1. Yes, You should be able to get married to a person with the same gender.

53 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. No, You should not be able to get married to a person with the same gender. (Please explain why)

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. I don't really know.

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. kingaling

kingaling Custom User Title Piston

have you ever seen a guy have a baby or a girl have a baby from a girl? no. it would drop because no one would be born, dumb. i'm saying if most people CHOSE to be gay

2. trexmasterrace

trexmasterrace Assembly Line Worker

why would anyone choose to be gay?

3. Freedo

Freedo Administrator Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    Holy moly...
    Ok, where to start. Why would most people suddenly CHOOSE to be gay? and since when could you even do that in the first place? Trick question, you can't.
    Also. Why would the 3.80 % of the US population that is gay suddenly stop reproducing as the got married, if they weren't even doing so in the first place? It's not a sudden thing that people just stop having kids. The fact that you're calling me dumb when you're saying that the US population would drop when a bunch of people all of a sudden decided to turn gay, is absurd. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.

4. rotfl

rotfl Your own guardian angel... With a fully loaded 44. Piston

Holy facepalm

5. Sir Lancerlot

Sir Lancerlot Bum licking goodness Engineer

All my friends and family ever talk about is how badly they want to be gay, so I see where you're coming from.

6. flippy01

flippy01 Cogwheel

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    I'm just going to be an arse and put this out there:
    It is possible for a female human to become impregnated by another female.
    This is possible by using one partner's bone marrow as substitute for semen in the fertilisation process. The one guarantee from this process is that the offspring of those couple will be female - by scientific guarantee.

So yes, males reproducing with other males is impossible so your theory that if everyone one was gay then the population would die out is valid IF the entire population was male (which it quite obviously is not). However females reproducing with other females is possible - rendering males useless and so the population wouldn't die out if the entire population was gay - it'd just be eventually female only.

However, by natural instinct if the species were dying out homosexual men and women would instinctively want to go and be with the other party (male with female, vice versa) just as a mean of survival.

Your statement is completely false and incorrect.
    Enjoy your day. :heart:

7. trexmasterrace

so youre saying gay people would magically want to be straight if the population was lowered enough?

8. flippy01

flippy01 Cogwheel

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    No. That is what you read, and that is entirely against what I said.
    There is a natural instinct, in every species observed by humans (including humans themselves as studies) that shows homosexuality to be a "thing" (e.g. gay monkeys, dolphins etc.) that when put in a situation where their known population is at risk of becoming extinct they will go to reproduce - this is less shown in humans I admit.
    There is also the fact that if a person wants a child enough, surely they would (if not going for an IVF, sperm bank or anything else of the sort) go to have sexual intercourse with another human being of the opposite gender (and this is ignoring the fact I earlier stated about female-female reproduction) so surely there would be upkeep in the species through that?

9. trexmasterrace

so youre saying if gay know the population is declining, they will start hunting for the *****? please link me to the studies that support this claim, and explain how them magically turning straight is "entirely against" what you said.

10. Toxic Fuel

Toxic Fuel Mechanic

I don't mean to add fuel to the fire, but in no way will there ever be a big enough decline in the world's population because of homosexuality. That's actually absurd. A majority of the world is heterosexual, and I can guarantee you it will stay that way. Yes, as time goes on, gay marriage will more than likely increase, but not to this extent.

I know we are speaking hypothetically as well, but it just won't happen. I do agree with flippy01 however, that if this situation was to happen, I'm sure mankind isn't stupid enough to die out because of sexual preferences.

11. rotfl

Somebody who shares my thoughts and knows the right words to put together to make an argument :P
    (Because whenever I want to write something, I'm never sure how to word it together)

12. Nathan Pro

Nathan Pro J-Dog $wag Assembly Line Worker

I used to be strongly against gay marriage, until I realized that it isn't a choice.
    When you were born you didn't choose to be attracted to a certain gender, it just happened

13. usermame 62

usermame 62 My Body is Ready! Assembly Line Worker

I don't get why homophobia is such a prevalent issue. I mean, heterosexual couples get married all the time and there aren't any sort of complaints. The same sorts of collections of organisms are getting married, that being, men and women just instead there are two one-sexed members. Does anyone think magnets have something to do with it? Well opposites attract, likes repel, this could be seen as evidence as to why it is seen as wrong (I don't really think this way).

14. Liberonscien

Liberonscien Washer

I support gay marriage. I see no reason otherwise. No valid reason anyways. My religious book says it is bad is not a valid reason. Separation of church and state.

15. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Please don't necro threads.

16. Download

Download TrackMill Developer TrackMill Developer Developer

Both threads were not "necro"d as they were still on the first page of Serious Business.

17. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Also, they kind of look like bot posts.

18. Download

Download TrackMill Developer TrackMill Developer Developer

Bots don't normally post anything that's relevant to the thread and either have links to other websites in their post or signature.

But back on topic.

I believe gay marriage should be perfectly legal.

19. rotfl

Hahahahahahahahahaha

Oh my, It's things like this that make me realize how silly religion can be. Like, people are trying to impose things some guy said over 2000 years ago. For all we know, God could have been trying to get his word out about... Well, anything, and Jesus was a rebelious teen who decided to be a huge :heart::heart::heart::heart: and make God seem like an :heart::heart::heart:hole. Or, at least, if I had to make a religion, that would be how the story went

Anyways, we've come a long way since 2013. I wonder if people came back they would still have these bigoted visions

*Reads another page back*
    Oh, he was kidding.
    I think
    It should be illegal to be this dumb.

But really, as long as homosexuals aren't shoving the fact that they're gay at me all day, I have no problem

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  20. Ailegy

Ailegy Hugs :3 Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    That doesn't seem right...