1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Gay Marriage

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by {6.6.6}, May 24, 2012.

?

Whats your though?

1. Yes, You should be able to get married to a person with the same gender.

53 vote(s)
    67.1%
  2. No, You should not be able to get married to a person with the same gender. (Please explain why)

21 vote(s)
    26.6%
  3. I don't really know.

5 vote(s)
    6.3%
  1. {6.6.6}

{6.6.6} I hope I make you proud. Engineer

So rescently USA:s presiden Barack Obama said that same sex genders should be able to get married, whats your though about all? I think its grate that Barack Obama said that, shows that he is a good president, I also think that you should be able to love who ever you want to, but give you thoughts about it!

2. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

My views... If it isn't your life, you don't have any control over it. Honestly why should I care? It's a ridiculous thing to care about and a waste of time to worry about. Live and let live. Let whoever marry whoever, it's not a big deal.

3. armator

armator Assembly Line Worker

Same. People who are against this seem to be blind on both views. You need to consider yourself in their position and what is right for the general public, not what is right in the Church. (The Church is against gay marriage because they say "marriage is the coming together of a man and woman to bring on the next generation.) how the majority of the world is of the Christian/catholic belief, I think we should still legalize this. If a gay couple is Christian, it's their business to choose to be married not a law.

4. Nathan Pro

Nathan Pro J-Dog $wag Assembly Line Worker

Eww im against gay marriage . anyways USA population would drop extremely .

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2012
  5. cky199

cky199 doing stuff. Mechanic

1. give reasoning
    2. USA population wouldn't drop extremely. I think the gay population of the U.S. is only around 3%, and i think that also includes bisexuals.

I think gay people should be able to get married, because it gives them more benifits as a family, tax benifits, childcare stuff etc, and what's the big deal if they get married? it's not your life.

6. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

hahahaha funny joke

I really don't care about it, most people say its against their religion, or they (or some reason) just hate them. I also don't think gay people are born gay :/

7. armator

I don't see what is so wrong with gay couples getting married. People against it please post why! :)

8. The issue is the definition of marriage.
    Marriage clearly states that it is between a man and a woman.
    The definition of marriage would hafta be changed,
    i do not agree with changing the definition of marriage.

There would be NO population drop
    the gay people will still be gay
    whether you call it marriage or not.

I believe that that they give the gay people the same benefits as being married
    but call it something different other than marriage.

That should make both parties happy.

That said,
    when someone tells me they are gay i go...:sick:

9. thepage

Where's this definition of marriage and why are you against people being gay?

10. I dont recall saying that i was against people being gay...
    some of my best friends are gay.
    i think its gross but that is thier choice to make isnt it?

Also the definition of gay is what the people who dont like gay marriage are protecting.
    You probably wont find it in writing on public sites because it is such a issue.
    But if you get a old fashion dictionary im sure you can find it in there

11. thepage

Old fashion.. ya get with the times, it's not a big deal. And no, it's not a choice. When did you decide you were straight?

12. armator

Draco better not read that last bit. :p What is it with Christians thinking being gay is a choice? So does this mean I can choose to be sexually attracted to rocks? Please explain why and how it's a choice.

Last edited: May 24, 2012
  13. I dont really ever recall saying anything about it being a choice.
    ??? did i say that??? i dont think so...

14. armator

Right here Mr. :p

Edit: and someone on CR also debated for days about how it's a choice. Idk why.

15. thepage

Right there.

16. Official apology: Oh my bad didnt realize i worded it that way
    Official retraction: it might not be a persons choice to be gay. it may be. idk because im not gay and never will be. and i dont really care either.

But i do have a question
    if it isnt by choice then how does someone "decide" that they are gay?
    how can you come to a decision without a choice?

17. armator

Genes and neurons make up your brain's thoughts and send messages to a person:
    a tiny clump of neurons of the anterior hypothalamus - which is believed to control sexual behavior - was, on average, more than twice the size in heterosexual men as in homosexual men.

There is a gene they discovered that causes people to be "gay"

18. Well then i guess some people dont decide. But i know some do. mostly people who have had bad experiances with the opposite sex and turn to thier own gender because of shame, rage, or general contempt.

either way its really not a big issue is it?

19. armator

I did more research and edited my post also

20. {6.6.6}

{6.6.6} I hope I make you proud. Engineer

Yes, this is so right imo, every one has their own opinon, i just think it should be legal to marrie anyone you want, i read some where that a woman married the eiffel tower..
    So it should be legal to marry a tower, but not another human being? Thats ridiculous.

This is why some people didn't want this subforums, becouse some members can't be mature about things.