1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

FW Suggestions Thread

Discussion in 'Free Wires' started by The R1der, May 11, 2009.

?

suggestion thread.

Poll closed May 12, 2009.
  1. nan

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  2. nan

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. The R1der

The R1der Cogwheel

Hey, here's a place where you can post your ideas and suggestions so you don't overflow the forums with questions. I will edit this post with ideas that people like.

1. Maybe a straight line like there is in Free Rider? That would make track making so much easier. [working on it]

2. To make possible to preview the whole track? Just so if you didn't make to the end you get to see what kind of obstacles and such things were in the way of the finish line.

3. Comment, high scores and plays system? Nice to see what people think of the track.[working on it]

4. A VIP status for insanely awesome free wires track makers? This probably won't come out until a couple of months 'til people get really good skills at it. [in a few months]

5. Scenery/non-hittable lines? This would be cool if you could attach a wire to a scenery line and be able to go through it. Maybe scenery lines could be used for one single colour so people don't get mixed up about what lines are which colours. [maybe, 50% transparent colors or something]

6. A zoom in/out tool? For looking closely at your intensive detail, and for a more controlled detail effect. Also, for having a peek at what it might look like zoomed out, for looking at awesome art drawings and entire tracks. [need to think about this one]

7. A scroller for track making? So you can look left/right/up/down at your track. For building ground details, sky details, etc. [ explain more, please] When you use left and right to move the stage, maybe make it so you can use up and down to move the stage up/down.

8. A search tool, similar to the FR2 search tool, but so you can search for FW tracks.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2009
  2. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

1. Already working on it
    2. Just added (did not want to add it until I added the edit feature)

keep the ideas coming

3. Lgamn

Lgamn Assembly Line Worker

What about, you can comment and see how many plays you have on tracks? Also what about you can see how many people voted your track?

You should have a tab on the home page? So you dont have to go into the forum to get to free wires.

Mabey just a cool idea here mabey there could be power-ups in Free Wires, like slow motion bomb cheack point boost gravity and stuff like that?

I also think there should be scenery lines like Free Rider? As in you can go through the lines with out getting killed?

A thing were you can see the rest of the track, as in if you don't mae it to the end of the track you can see all of it, just like free rider.

A save code tool so you can use, but not adding the track to the free wires database.

A end test, when you make a map there is a test but there is no end test, I think there should be one.

Zoom in and out, so you can see close up on what your doing.

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  4. The R1der

The R1der Cogwheel

I added some possible ideas to the first post.

5. Lgamn

I already talked with Goose about the Free Wire VIP's thing and he said there will be when people start making great tracks.

6. The R1der

The R1der Cogwheel

I added an couple more ideas for improvements on Free Wires. Look at the first post.

7. Moonlight

Moonlight HE'S NOT THE MESSIAH Retired Staff Retired Staff

Stickied. All other suggestion threads will get a deletehammer.

8. bestguy123

bestguy123 Elite Free Rider 2 Track Cogwheel

free wires contest place

9. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

Start and Goal Points

Do you think being able to set your own start and goal points would be a good idea?

10. Lgamn

Well isn't there a goal at the end of every map? So i dont see the point of another goal.

11. goose

Yea, I agree. I will make it so you can set the start point, and adjust the goal. But I will need some time.

12. goose

I added some comments to the requests in red.

13. mcbobgorge

mcbobgorge ˙ɥɐsɐן ɥɐɯ uıɹıɟ ɐ ɯ,ı Piston

comments

Free Wires is great and all but it should have comments

14. The R1der

The R1der Cogwheel

I added the explanation to idea #8.

15. Lgamn

16. bestguy123

bestguy123 Elite Free Rider 2 Track Cogwheel

well like the stars be fore the goal.

17. Moonlight

Moonlight HE'S NOT THE MESSIAH Retired Staff Retired Staff

Suggestion thread os there for a reason.

18. haxor

haxor Lights is my bitch TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

ya i was gonna make a thread about this but i found this one. id like comments def a good idea

19. Lgamn

The suggrestion thread is there for a reason, use it.

20. mr.bigfish56

mr.bigfish56 A furry(for reelz send me ur best yiff plz) Cogwheel

Favorite Game:
    EtchBox
    suggestion for FREE WIRES☻

FREE WIRES IS SWEET:)☻ I have a little suggestion though. There should be a little button in the free wires game to change the background of the game.:)