1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Etchbox Bugs

Discussion in 'Etchbox' started by goose, Oct 2, 2012.

1. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

Overall the game has gotten pretty solid, but there are still a few issues that may come up. Please post anything you find here in this thread and theno will get them ironed out.

Known bugs:
    - "play" mode draws to slow / fast at times. [FIXED?]
    -Toggle grid does not work Fixed
    -Clicking 'Etch Box forums' does not redirect you do the forum page Goose said he fixed the redirect too
    -submit error handling

2. armator

armator Assembly Line Worker

Not so much of a bug, but other draw-replay (speed painting) programs usually work 10 times faster than how the artist drew it. Maybe this would be more fun to watch if it was sped up? And not be boring watching them work 30 minutes on a drawing, if they did.

3. Recordbreak

Recordbreak Retired Staff Retired Staff

-Toggle grid does not work
    -Clicking 'Etch Box forums' does not redirect you do the forum page

4. Theno

Theno TrackMill Developer TrackMill Developer Developer

-Toggle grid does not work Fixed
    -Clicking 'Etch Box forums' does not redirect you do the forum page Goose said he fixed the redirect too

5. Freedo

Freedo Administrator Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    yeah what happened? It's like drawing in almost real time now, and the knobs don't spin at all now.

6. Theno

Theno TrackMill Developer TrackMill Developer Developer

the knobs are a work in progress, still working on trying to get them to spin at the correct times

as for the speed, currently working on an adjustable slider so you can change the value.

7. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

Less of a bug but I just think the TrackMill watermark should be more visible. Kindda tough to see. But dude, good work. Annndd uhhhh the forum notification link is kindda broken hahaha.

8. derpdee63

derpdee63 Do you wanna explode? :D Piston

The starting etching speed in play mode is a liitle too fast. It should start off at a slower speed setting.

9. Freedo

Freedo Administrator Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    and drawings are a bit blurry/fuzzy in play mode.

10. goose

a bit to blurry? we added a bit of a blur to add the effect of a real etchasketch

11. <spi>

<spi> go home roger TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

i found a bug =L
    [​IMG]castle by <spi>Play Track
    this happened because i clicked save, and then clicked save and re-entered all the save stuff and then submitted =p

12. naturehatesme

naturehatesme What's happenin' Mechanic

I was just about to say that <spi>

13. goose

this is probably related to the above bug, but sometimes levels are submitted twice. I will fix it serverside (so you can only submit 1 every 5 min) but it should also be fixed inside the game.

14. Eli bloodthirst

Eli bloodthirst August MOTM 2013 Engineer

I clicked once and it submitted twice, most likely not a bug, but I think it's worth a checkout.

Also, the creator thing added something to my thing :eek:

15. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

I don't understand...what's that slider thingy for? When I slide it around nothing happens...

16. goose

the slider should change the speed of the animation. it does for me.

17. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

Oh ok. I thought it was supposed to do something after the transition was over. It'd be cool though if you pull the slider all the way to the left, and the etch is blank. And as you pull it to the right, it appears like the transition does. If you know what I mean. So you could kind of take time and see how they made it and go back if you want to.

18. goose

yeah a rewind feature would be pretty cool.

19. derpdee63

derpdee63 Do you wanna explode? :D Piston

I suggested that in the beta tester section... :p

20. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

Or even just a restart button instead of reloading the page.