1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Does it work?

Discussion in 'Bit Addiction' started by south, May 25, 2011.

1. south

south Coldplay Pro TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Stand as far away from this as possible, art is quite limited due to the large pixels and small canvas but this is what i came up with. It's meant to be a naked woman. :p

[​IMG]

If there was one thing i would like to be changed in this game is the size of the canvas. I could do cool grid art if the canvas was bigger.

2. Dracophile

Dracophile VIP Member TrackMill Developer Developer

Favorite Game:
    Bit Addiction
    I can see it if I squint. Otherwise it looks like a MissingNo orgy.

Also, 20x20 is about the hardest picross puzzle that people will casually play. Anything more than that and you're looking at a time commitment and a puzzle that is meant to be solved in parts at a time, and we don't specialize in that. :p

3. south

Well, i guess i should stick to FR2, i was kinda playing it as an art game anyway, and it wasn't really working :p It's pretty cool though, and some of the pokemons worked out well :)

4. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

want a 40 x 40?

5. jake to cake

jake to cake TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Yea, that'd be awesome

6. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

after thinking about it, and talking to a few people. 40 x 40 would be to difficult to solve(It would take a long time)

however, I could branch this game off to a separate basic pixel art game with a 40x40 or even larger sizes(smaller?)

7. EasternBiker

EasternBiker Chickity check yoself - Mechanic

Sounds good goosey. It'd make this game more fun. ;)

8. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

Ya, I'd say just release some pixel art game. I'm picturing a link from Bit Addiction to a page where users can just make and upload pixel art. Nothing much more than that.

9. jake to cake

jake to cake TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Yea, a 40x40 would be to difficult, but how about a 30x30? :)

10. Dracophile

Favorite Game:
    Bit Addiction
    Don't wanna rain on anybody's parade, but since I came in as the Picross/Nonogram guru here I originally helped goose come to the sizes of 5, 10, and 20. Statistically, and from what I've seen personally, 20 is the biggest you can go with a puzzle and still keep someone interested. It takes about 10 to 15 minutes to solve an average difficulty 20x20 puzzle, and that's per puzzle. That's really pushing it considering many of our other games are much more faster on a per level/puzzle basis. We didn't exactly plan for a "Save Progress" feature with Bit Addiction, which would be critical if we wanted to open the floor to bigger puzzles. There are puzzles out there bigger than 20x20, but they're either in printed format or they're on games that let you save progress and return later.

20x20 is about as hard as you can go without getting too frustrating to casual players. Nonogram addicts could dedicate time to a larger puzzle, sure, but while we created Bit Addiction to appeal to them, we also had to create it with a much larger demographic in mind, and that's casual gamers. They make up a very large portion of our traffic.

I suppose adding bigger puzzles wouldn't HURT, but in the way of demographics, I don't expect extra large puzzles to get much exposure. That's all, really.

Though since we have the back-end I'm sure a "Bit Addiction: Create!" art-only program wouldn't be too hard to make. XD It'd go nicely with the TrackMill Gadgets.

11. Dracophile

Favorite Game:
    Bit Addiction
    It's alright. Goosey and I are racking our brains on how to have an art-only option. :p

12. south

Cool, i would be sure to use it a lot and I'm sure others would also, so don't feel your hard work wouldn't go to good use :)

13. Josh 443

Josh 443 Mechanic

this is probably impossible but,

why not somehow incorporate FR2 into Bit addiction(Art Only Version)

make the bit addiction art the background somehow??? :D

14. Dracophile

Favorite Game:
    Bit Addiction
    Anything to add another game/gadget to my growing resume. XD

15. Corn Rider

Corn Rider free trex Mechanic

why not make the grid customizable..?