1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Does god exist/evolution

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by D R Rider, May 15, 2012.

?

Does god exist?

1. Yes, I believe there is a god(s).

28 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No, I don't believe there is such a thing.

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. I'm not sure.

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Çedar

Çedar Coffee Piston

One of the things i often hear about Atheists from Creationists is "Where did It all start, how can something come from nothing"

Creationists don't realize that God had to come from nothing, so taking that both just appeared and then the events explained in the Bible or Big Bang etc., I would choose Atheism.

2. True, but the problem with that is that Creationists believe that it doesn't really matter if there was nothing to make God in the first place. Their argument is that God is God, he created himself, there is no 'how,' it just happened. Which, unfortunately, gives Atheism no possible way to reply, because there is absolutely nothing that can possibly deny that belief.

Obviously, Creationists don't understand the actual science of the big bang theory, and of course other theories.

3. Nathan Pro

Nathan Pro J-Dog $wag Assembly Line Worker

Well due to everything in our lives have a beginning and ending. That is the reason it is hard to understand that God has always been, He never needed to start.

4. Çedar

Çedar Coffee Piston

But somehow God had to appear from nothing, if God does exist. There is no, he has been here forever, there had to be a start. God had to have come from nothing.

5. The big bang theory actually makes a bit of sense. Well it makes more sense than God anyway. Apparently God came from nothing. But the big bang had something to do with the collision of two matters, possibly anti-matter and matter or maybe anti-matter and anti-matter. Anti-matter being the non-existence of things but still the existence of some sort of presence. The collision of these two created an opposite, that being matter, or solidity or something of the sort. With matter came mass, gravity and rocks and stuff, so things were created. That's my sort of conception of the big bang theory, whether you understood it or not.

6. Haxzerz

Haxzerz Bolt

that's the very definition of a cop-out...

7. Corn Rider

Corn Rider free trex Mechanic

8. trexmasterrace

trexmasterrace Assembly Line Worker

i think im going to start debtating for the creationists now im feeling creationist today

most creationists believe god is timeless entity. god doesnt come from nothing, he was always there and always will be there, because he is timeless

thats kind of offensive just saying all creationists dont understand science, you say this just to make your paradigm work. actually thats really ******y. i dont think you understand the 'timeless' part of god, it didnt just happen, god has always been there. then there is the burden of proof and all that other stuff so it does just come down to personal belief, but dont just make blind assumptions about people you dont know

is this real tea
    what am i reading lol

again the god came form nothing thing.

also, im starting to think you yourself dont understand the big bang theory. there was no collision of two matters because there was no space before the big bang (according to the theory). also, matter and anti matter, or anti matter and anti matter? where do you even get these ideas? brb positive and negative cancelling out triggers universe lol what. and your thought order is so ˚˚˚˚ed up to. 2 matters collide, and make matter?..and mass..?

science, not even once

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2013
  9. kingaling

kingaling Custom User Title Piston

bump. of course God exists. i could return everything you say with a "where did that come from?" everything had to come from somewhere

10. Forlorn333

Forlorn333 d3cornlorn999 TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

In other words: I don't know where that came from, therefore, god."

I laughed at the title, god vs evolution isn't even a debate, many religious people accept evolution now, as it really isn't a debate at all in the scientific community. Evidence of a Big Bang is also growing.

11. kingaling

whatever. i'll always believe in God and no one will ever change that. i'm not gonna waste my time argueing

12. Forlorn333

13. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    I take back my opinions from 2013

I mean, the universe couldn't have created itself could it?

14. kingaling

just watch "God's Not Dead" and "Heaven is for Real"

15. Ailegy

Ailegy Hugs :3 Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    Well actually it could have, if you're going to ask that question then you should ask how God was created as well. Unlike what we think, humans ideas of how time and space work may be completely different to how they actually do. Some scientists say that the Big Bang was a result of the end of the previous universe, therefore saying time is like a clock, once it makes a full loop it just circles back around again. There doesn't have to be a start or end to time and space.

16. kingaling

like i said watch "God's Not Dead" it will answer all of your questions :D

17. Forlorn333

You know it's bad when you need a terribly reviewed drama film that depicts Christians as victims (despite Christianity being the number 1 religion in America by far) to base your views upon. I'm not meaning to be rude but seriously, that movie is a joke.

I'd recommend anyone actually interested in learning more about Christianity/any religion discuss it with a scholar or read materials written by some (in other words, somebody who knows what they're talking about). Scholars have to be fairly objective on these matters though, so in the interest of confirming your faith, it might not be the best idea.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2014
  18. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Mabye God is a programmer, and this is just a simulation.

And God is in a simulation and his creator....

19. kingaling

just watch it it's not about the concept of the movie that i'm talking about. he proves a lot of good points in there that prove athiests and scientists to be wrong

20. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

See, this is the kind of thing that destroys your arguement. I respect your belief in religion, but throwing your arms up and acting ignorant is not going to help others respect you.

And, I'm really not interested in 'Gods Not Dead' at all, so could you point out some points the movie made?