1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Does god exist/evolution

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by D R Rider, May 15, 2012.

?

Does god exist?

1. Yes, I believe there is a god(s).

28 vote(s)
    36.4%
  2. No, I don't believe there is such a thing.

42 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. I'm not sure.

7 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. D R Rider

D R Rider Iris Cogwheel

Considering that we have a serious discussion section now, it seems like a good time to put in a thread like this.

So, this is one of humans biggest debates: is god real? Or is he just a fake? I want you guys to debate about this, but all I request is to not flame or anything about being atheist or a theist.

2. Nathan Pro

Nathan Pro J-Dog $wag Assembly Line Worker

Well it seems that your alive aren't you?.. It makes sense to me that there is a God..

3. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

I'm not really sure, I've been confused about this pretty much my whole life :/

4. Isenki

Isenki Elite Pro CEO Master God VIP of Trackmill Retired Staff Retired Staff

You referred to god as "he". If a god existed, would it really have any use for human ideas like gender? I think it speaks to human arrogance that most major religions assume that God is basically a human being that is supremely powerful. There are likely millions of other intelligent life forms out there, so it is the height of arrogance to believe that your species is made in god's image.

5. D R Rider

D R Rider Iris Cogwheel

So you are saying that since I'm living a magical being MUST have created the universe.

6. newgon123

So your saying a tiny microscopic thing that magically appeared eventually evolved into you?

7. Nathan Pro

Not necessarily a magical being.. But how do you believe life started? Somebody just randomly appeared out of nowhere? Makes more sense that there is a God that created man after his own image.. Not some little blob that evolved over billions and billions of years..

8. D R Rider

D R Rider Iris Cogwheel

No, I'm not saying that. Nowhere in the Big Bang does it state how living beings were created. I'm just saying that I find it illogical that a magical being created all forms of life out of the blue.

No, I believe that life started from evolution. Now how the first creature was created, I can't help you there. But even if there was a god that created man after his own image... how could he replicate EVERYTHING? He couldn't just rip out his guts to see all parts of the inside body so he could put it in his human replica.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  9. newgon123

So you deny one possible explanation of how things were created, but don't have one of your own?

10. D R Rider

D R Rider Iris Cogwheel

Edited my earlier post (note I didn't see this post until I finished editing it.)

11. newgon123

I'm not exactly the expert on religion, but it seems like you can't imagine someone with more power or abilities than you, I admit, it does seem a little unbelievable. Most religions are based on faith, and its your choice to believe or not.

12. D R Rider

D R Rider Iris Cogwheel

It isn't that I can't imagine someone with more power or abilities than me, I just have just seen barely any proof that god is real, and by proof I mean actual facts, or theories supported by facts. I have seen far more facts about the Big Bang being true.

13. Nathan Pro

Okay so if we human beings came from evolution.. Why did we stop evolving? We aren't going anywhere.. Evolutionists have not found a single transverse from any kind of animal: Reptiles, Mammals (which we are) Birds and Amphibians.. All animals and humans have had the same characteristics as they did a long time ago..

And God did not have to rip out his guts to know how they are.. He is God so he would know without having to do that.

14. newgon123

Like I said, religion is more based on faith, and science is based on facts.

15. Nathan Pro

Quotes didn't work so.. Quoted from D R Rider: I just have just seen barely any proof that god is real, and by proof I mean actual facts

Have you looked outside at nature recently? Have you seen flowers and trees? Shouldn't that be proof enough?

Most religions are in fact, based on faith.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  16. con

con Administrator Staff Member Admin

my opinion about religion is that i hate it. i absolutely hate it because it takes advantage of weak people for the sake of the church.
    HOWEVER i dont think god is bad. i think he is good. he give people morals and guides them to do the right thing. this may sound stupid, but the "what would Jesus do" really does come to play a lot in others lives. most people need to have something to live for, like salvation, enlightenment, or whatever else your god calls for, or else you will be doing bad things.

this being said, i do not believe in god. one, because i am far to much or a logical person to believe in religion. when something cant be explained i tend to stay away from it. and two, i dont need a god to tell me whats wrong and right. i have many morals and i will do the right thing on my own.

17. D R Rider

D R Rider Iris Cogwheel

So you are saying that all creatures have stopped evolving?

http://news.discovery.com/animals/new-species-discovered-in-new-guinea-110627.html
    http://www.livescience.com/14778-species-philippines-sharks-corals.html

18. newgon123

19. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

It seems as though you're confused on how the theory of evolution works. It's not an overnight process, it happens over millions or billions of years. You see it all happens on a microscopic level. Our cells make duplicates of themselves but sometimes they make mistakes, these are called mutations. If these mutations turn out good for the life form then it is passed down into the newer generations and the species is more successful. If the mutation is bad then the life form will most likely die and not reproduce to pass on the bad one. In a way this can be known as survival of the fittest, the stronger ones all reproduce and make it a better community.
    This of course is a very revised version, but you're on the internet right now. Look it up! ;)

20. Nathan Pro

No, Not saying that they stopped evolving.. I mean that they never started evolving.. And that there never was a tiny little blob that formed into a Frog (Isenki) and over a billion years evolved into an Ape and then formed into an Human.. There are no fossils of the transverse stage.. There are probably still some creatures in the world that have not been found.. It doesn't make them an evolving animal..