1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

derpy shape what?

Discussion in 'Derpy Shape Game' started by goose, Apr 7, 2012.

1. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

derpy shape game is a new game created by one of my good buddies thedistur.
    It is now open to every trackmill forum member to try out (you must be logged in to play)

tell us what you think, if there are any bugs, ect.

this was thedisturs first attempt at a game. if its somewhat successful he may make another one ;)
    trackmill.com/derpyshapegame

2. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

yay new game!

3. Zags

Zags (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    So glad to see a new release ha ha!

4. THE_balloon

THE_balloon Washer

lol heil der fuhrer heil hitlar seig heil seig heill this game is derp shape gme.

5. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

How much longer until other games have this skin?

6. Nathan Pro

Nathan Pro J-Dog $wag Assembly Line Worker

Awesome game! ;)

7. cky199

cky199 doing stuff. Mechanic

2 bugs:
    the first one is the game, it says "test and beat your level before saving" I tried to, and I got stuck ( All the green blocks were still on the screen, but a red block got stuck) and there was no way for me to return to the editor, it only allows you to go back to the editor if you beat the level or if you fail a level.
    the second bug is trackmills fault. I clicked "report a bug" at the top, and a screen popped up saying "cky199, you do not have access to this page this could be blah blah etc."

pretty fun game though

8. Cen_sored

Cen_sored Cogwheel

It's a good game that is sure to get addictive. It will all be about that one top score, so people will spend a lot of time on it.

9. goose

press esc
    (we need a help page)

updated the report bug to this thread.

As for the rest of the games:
    they are in beta testing. expect them all to have the new game in the next 2 weeks.

10. Scoring is off when there is a zero directly after the decimal. For example, if I scored a 7.046sec on a level, the high scores list shows 7.46, though it is still treated as the true time. (the score is probably being stored as two integers instead of a floating point)

11. goose

hmm, that must be a rounding issue on my end. the scores is saved in milliseconds in the database, lets see if I can get that fixed

EDIT: fixed?

12. I don't think it's fixed, but here's an example of what I mean:
    http://trackmill.com/derpyshapegame/levels/3
    The high score appears to be 3.02, but it is actually 3.002. (same with the rest, 3.07 is really 3.007)

13. goose

ok, I think I got it this time. Thanks

14. Zags

Zags (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Appears to be fixed now :)

Edit: Also sometimes my mouse disappears when I am playing the game and I have to refresh the page to play.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  15. Yes! It works now! http://trackmill.com/derpyshapegame/levels/81
    One more bug: The timer continues to count up if you switch to a different window, but the game freezes until you switch back.

Edit:
    Yeah, this happens whenever the "Uprising Empires" ad appears (there is interaction in the ad with the sword).

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  16. cky199

bug. it says subforums: bit addiction galleries
    [​IMG]

17. cky199

another thing:
    I spent quite a while making this level, i clicked save, and it said you must test and beat this level before submitting. when i tested it, the red ball got stuck, and when i try to hit escape, nothing happens. this is the second time this has happened while i was making a level like this. so the escape button doesn't work if you are testing it while saving the level. i hope that made sense lol
    [​IMG]

18. Voldermortz

Voldermortz you never know Mechanic

^i can vouch for this, it's happened to me a few times

19. cky199

ok it doesn't say bit addiction galleries anymore, it sayd DSG galleries, but when i click on it it still takes me to bit addiction galleries.

20. goose

thanks and fixed