1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

D-rugs

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by thepage, May 14, 2012.

1. Mr. Kow

Mr. Kow Mechanic

You obviously don't truly think that, and you're a moderator of all people. Respect the position you've been given, and show some maturity.
    I already stated above that I know that murder isn't close to drugs, but that it's meant to be an analogy. Drugs are a risk that I don't believe is worth taking, because of all of the studies that show that cannabis does have negative effects on the lungs, etc.

Also, to be entirely honest, if you use drugs regularly, then your opinions on this are biased anyhow.

2. RockenChich

RockenChich SkaterChan TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Please show these studies. It doesn't It make much sense to just state that All studies show something. I had to listen to students at my college present a 45 minute speech that persuaded the majority of the class that it's good thing for us. My view on drugs is a different matter, but at least they had evidence, examples, studies.

3. cky199

cky199 doing stuff. Mechanic

if you smoke ANYTHING it'll have a negative effect on the lungs. as said many times before, using a vaporizer or eating edibles will make you avoid this problem.

4. derpdee63

derpdee63 Do you wanna explode? :D Piston

i said delete this post! :@

5. Corn Rider

Corn Rider free trex Mechanic

At this point I really can't tell if Mr Kow is trolling or not.

6. Mr. Kow

Mr. Kow Mechanic

Notice the "etc." that I popped into the end of my sentence. There are other studies that show that cannabis has negative effects on the liver, as well as the intestines. Don't ask me how; I don't know- I'm just restating what I have read in articles and heard on various news networks.

7. Corn Rider

But why is it your choice to say whether or not a person wants to just smoke it anyways? People drink coffee and eat McDonalds, and those are bad for you, but we don't make them illegal.

8. RockenChich

just so I dont get confused, can I see the links for the information that you are using?

9. Mr. Kow

Mr. Kow Mechanic

If there was a big enough movement for it, I'd definitely be for the eradication of most, if not all, fast food restaurants as well.
    It's not my choice, but then as said before, why is it my choice as to whether people are allowed to murder or steal? Because it's "bad", and everyone knows that? What actually classifies as "bad"; just what the ones in power recognize as evil?

You can Google them yourself. If you have too many problems, let me know.
    The internet is a big place.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  10. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

11. Corn Rider

Murder and theft affect others directly in an extreme way. Someone smoking marijuana doesn't do ˚˚˚˚ to other people. Wait, Mr. Kow, shouldn't halloween be illegal? Giving unhealthy sugary candy to kids, fattening them up, that's bad for them right?

12. Mr. Kow

Mr. Kow Mechanic

.. Except cause lung disease to the smoker as well as the people sucking in the gallons of second-hand smoke.
    In my opinion, yeah. Halloween is a pointless holiday that makes people happy, but overall only hurts children through the overconsumption of candy. Some sugar is needed in the human body, but the amounts of sugar consumed on Halloween by the typical juvenile is far too high.

How did you possibly earn the position of moderator? You are being extremely disrespectful and immature. I'm not the one who's mad here- you're the one in power; respect your position.
    I said specifically that if it was truly too difficult to find articles, videos, etc. on the negative effects of marijuana, then I'd help. As said before, the internet is a big place. It should be easy to find such articles.
    Again, if you are a user of marijuana or other drugs yourself, your opinions are biased.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2012
  13. Corn Rider

I don't even know how to respond to you disliking halloween.. it's just kind of sad.

oh, I know.

you're a scroogey fun hating stubborn asperger

14. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

Really? :\
    I'd like to see the report papers you write at school.

"Bibliography: Look it up yourself."

It'd be nice if you could not be as lazy as such to not put simple links in your posts to back up your opinions.

15. cky199

cky199 doing stuff. Mechanic

hey Mr. Kow, at least 7 people died today because of driving on the highway during winter storms, we should ban driving while it's snowing outside, right?

16. Mr. Kow

Mr. Kow Mechanic

?

It's not that I didn't want to, it's just that I realize how many people are un-rightly angry at me right now. If they're arguing with me in the desire of learning more about the subject, then it won't be too hard to look the articles up. If they're arguing with me for the sake of satiating their egos, then they won't look up the articles and would just continue to disagree with me anyhow.
    I understand why you'd think I'm just being lazy and/or rude. As said before, if people really need help finding the articles themselves, then they can ask.

Cars are supposed to drive with chains on when it's snowing, unless they're already 4WDing. The unfortunate losses of people who did not think their plan through is not means for deleting the system entirely. With drugs, I believe it is different; there would be generally more bad output coming from the usage of them, whether it's taken through snorting, smoking, or any form. With driving in the snow, the good outweighs the bad.

17. Forlorn333

Forlorn333 d3cornlorn999 TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Mr. Kow, what political party would you assign yourself to? Just a question.

18. Mr. Kow

Mr. Kow Mechanic

Republican, Libertarian, and Democratic. None of them and all of them.

I think that our governmental system over here in Sweden is a little crappy, but I don't think it would be all that much better if it changed to any other governmental system.
    I believe that all people need a government/leader, but at the same time, I think that all governments are almost entirely imperfect.

19. Forlorn333

Forlorn333 d3cornlorn999 TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Seeing as you are supporting more governmental interference in people's personal lives, I'd say you're a disappointment to both the Republican party and the Libertarian party, in this particular topic.

Whether marijuana's supposed positive effects out-weigh it's supposed negative effects or not, or if they even exist at all, the government shouldn't be deciding if we can get high or not. Even if marijuana was the worst possible drug on the planet, I'd say legalize that ˚˚˚˚, let the stupid people kill themselves off and we'll be left with a slightly less idiotic population.

20. RockenChich

I dont want information on weed, I want your sources. Are they credible, relevant, updated? You realize from your standpoint now that you made up everything you've said. That is, until you can prove otherwise. Prove me wrong, show me your material