1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

D-rugs

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by thepage, May 14, 2012.

1. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

The "drug war" in the world today is causing resulting in the loss of many innocent lives. Some get killed, some get jailed. I personally think it should be the persons choice and instead of throwing the people away that get addicted we should treat them. Cannabis in specific is on the hot seat lately, there seems to be more evidence stacking up as to why it should be legal/decriminalized. Whether you use it or don't it should still be the peoples choice. (Just see what happened in Portugal)

2. freethescruff

freethescruff Mechanic

Weed .
    constructive comments only. no exceptions. -con

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  3. con

con Administrator Staff Member Admin

i wish it was as simple as some people make it out to be. this may not be the case for cannabis, but for other drugs like opium, heroine, cocaine, and other hard drugs, all the money being made off of this is going to the worst people. every time someone buys opium, you are funding the Taliban and other terrorist forces. (im completely serious) sometimes, when the US troops are in Afghanistan and advancing on villages and the sort, they will burn all of poppy fields. not only is the poppy plant one of Afghanistan primary exports, but this is how a lot of terrorist groups get funds to buy weapons and other things.
    (on a less serious note, i almost misspelled "poppy" as "poopy")

btw, sorry if this thread is on weed in general. i just wanted to share this.

4. thepage

Dude, not already. Mature, only add to the discussion. This is the communities only warning. no warnings :rapeface:

EDIT:
    Nope! all drugs discussion. But if we could start business of the hard drugs here instead of overseas (another huge topic -.-) then we could tax it more and regulate it better. We could also import from the "good guys" over there. Plus I think cannabis, LSD, and X would be the most widely used.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2012
  5. con

con Administrator Staff Member Admin

haha oh my. if only a country could simply "produce their own hard drugs." with this stupid "politically correct world policy" that would probably never happen. the thing is, i think weed should be legal. it practically is (go to Venice beach, you'll see what i mean) but hard drugs should still be off limits.

just think of all of the money and space we could gain from jails if they stopped jailing for posetion (spelling) and selling it. the numbers would be staggering.

6. freethescruff

freethescruff Mechanic

Staying on topic, this web page is very relevant to Con's post.. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/afghanistan-drugs-guns-money/

It doesn't help at all that drug exports in foreign countries are coming to the U.S. Studies have shown that drug related casualties are in fact outnumbering traffic deaths in the U.S.

Sorry for goofing up earlier, didn't mean to post that.

7. thepage

The thing that's different about weed is that there are hardly any health risks. The only real one that I know (correct me if I'm wrong) is that it can blossom schizophrenia in younger users, and unlike hard drugs it has health benefits. You know whats weird? Major prescription drug companies back Above the Influence! Isn't that weird? I mean why would they do that (SARCASM). There are rich guys making money off of it not being legal. They sit back and watch the money poor in from their investments in the drug companies while people are suffering from the side-effects of some of the drugs they are forced to use. Plus, some people just want to have fun :D

EDIT: And those rich guys are the same ones that back political officials. It's a awful cycle.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  8. freethescruff

freethescruff Mechanic

9. punchstat

punchstat I like 'em thick an juicy Mechanic

There is nothing wrong with drugs. MDMA is harmless, if you can get a dealer that sells you proper E's without the crushed glass, pipe and meths it's perfectly fine for you.

The only reason people die is because they either overdose, or the manufacturer put something nasty in the pills.

10. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

I personally dislike drugs, as I don't see the point. If someone can explain to me a good reason why you need to get high I'm all ears. Its something I may never understand.

11. Isenki

Isenki Elite Pro CEO Master God VIP of Trackmill Retired Staff Retired Staff

I'm guessing reason #1 is to look cool. And #2 is to fit in. #3 is probably addiction.

12. scootboy

scootboy Rollerblader Creator. Assembly Line Worker

well, in the case of weed ive done it only afew times and only because its good for a laugh, if you want to have a night where you laugh at everything uncontrollably and feel happy and just soooooo relaxed and dont care bout nothing, than weeds the way to go.

as for other drugs some of my mates have had pills and coke, they say it is the best for parties, if you want to be Geed and pumped and have the best time partying they say its the best.

13. punchstat

punchstat I like 'em thick an juicy Mechanic

It's a good way to relax and feel good. Not really euphoric as such, like you do with eccies, but you have a 'it's not that bad' attitude. It also makes you laugh tonnes, which is kind of good at parties, and it's good for temporary pain and stress relief.

According to this chart [Refer to Table 1.1], and personal experiences, THC is one of the least addictive illicit drugs out there, so addiction isn't really a reason that people smoke. When someone has an 'addiction' they want people to think they are bad *** and that they smoke and vape so much jane.

Table 1.1;
    [​IMG]

It can give you bad munchies though, so fully stocking your pantry isn't a great idea before smoking.

14. D R Rider

D R Rider Iris Cogwheel

I personally know someone who does drugs (only weed and acid) and he's fine. I personally don't see why people should get in trouble for that stuff. No one should get in trouble for any type of drugs, even if it is drugs that are awful for you, like cocaine. They should just receive help; there is absolutely no point in punishing them.

15. jake to cake

jake to cake TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Any type of drug should be illegal. (unless it's for medical purposes) I'd rather not go to a grocery store, game store, movie theater, etc and not know that I couldn't trust half the people I meet. I wouldn't know there intentions or there motives or if there high or whatnot. If all drugs are legalized, (don't know what country you live in, but I'm just generally speaking) then the country you live in would turn into crap, and tons of illegal immigration would occur which wouldn't help your country out at all... :/

And if the junkies need help to stop, then it'll come from the taxes you pay. :thumbs:

16. naturehatesme

naturehatesme What's happenin' Mechanic

luckily cannabis is only a c-class drug and at least it isnt cocaine(an A-class drug) on the hot seat.
    but i still think all drugs are wrong.

17. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

Not to mention that drug dealers are helping terrorists into America. I think American security should tighten up around the borders. As far as drugs go, Marijuana should be legalized for medical purposes. If we (Americans) legalized some drugs (obviously not Heroin or any of the other highly dangerous drugs) it could open up more jobs and possibly help our dying economy.

18. Nathan Pro

Nathan Pro J-Dog $wag Assembly Line Worker

I read somewhere that the number one reason people do drugs is so that their 'friends' will like them and think they are cool.. (Personally I don't think that they should be considered 'friends') And like number three or four was to impress the ladies.. Then once their stuck on it.. It will then take over their life.. I really don't understand why people do drugs. It really doesn't make sense..

My *150th post!* :D

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  19. thepage

I'd say less security at the border and just make it legal. It should be the persons choice whether they do it or not. That said, everyone should be educated and the legal age should be around 18. I personally could probably get weed easier than cigarettes, just because cigs are regulated.

20. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

If they were legalized, I think there would be a separate place to sell the drugs, like a special drug store, but I know America is too greedy for that too happen. (not sure about other nations)