1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Cat ninja Bugs

Discussion in 'Cat Ninja' started by goose, Nov 26, 2013.

1. goose

goose hmm... Administrator Staff Member Admin

Post any cat ninja bugs you find in this thread
    alright betatesters. give cat ninja a try and report bugs here.
    http://trackmill.com/cat-ninja/

thank you for your help!

2. Corn Rider

Corn Rider free trex Mechanic

- as you're falling down off the edge of a block, if you then rub up against its side, you glitch back up to the top of it. tough to explain...

- not a bug, but maybe a big pause symbol on the screen while paused would be nice?

- if you hit up during the initial countdown, you jump once it starts

- if you're in a corner you can jump really high. it seems it might only happens when gravity is downwards?
    edit: okay, maybe this is intentional?

awesome game. looks & plays niiicely! i wanna be the cat.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  3. goose

not sure if that was intentional or not, but it adds an intresting game dynamic.

4. Freedo

Freedo Administrator Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    Fairly sure its intentional. I think it comes from wall jumping.

5. goose

Before releaseing Cat ninja to the public I would like a few decent levels. 5, maybe 10.

I currently plan on keeping:
    MEOW MIX MANOR by Darkgrammer
    king ninja by TTM
    long jump by FlynnsPixels

I will change these map ids to 1, 2, ect.

6. UnderOATH33

UnderOATH33 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

Feature:The editor needs a number/grid system. This will make aligning rooms up easier.
    Feature: The editor should also have a undo/redo keyboard shortcut. (doesn't really need a physical button, imo)

Bug: I keep falling through blocks, doesn't appear to be triggered by anything significant. I also noticed the yellow ball go through objects. This occurred while the ball was descending downwards into a 1x1 hole.
    Bug: I also got this, the spring mixed with jumping. It'll keep the orientation at random once I collect the jetpack. The cat also stays in a continuous rolling ball after jumping (literally jumping) on the spring.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  7. FlynnsPixels

FlynnsPixels TrackMill Developer TrackMill Developer Developer

Thanks! I've never had the first one ever occur I don't think - so that's pretty odd. Added pause symbol. The jump is just supposed to be a head start if you need it, it's intentional. The corner block is also intentional :p

Thanks for the cool suggestions, I'll take them into consideration.
    You keep falling through blocks? That's weird, what kind of blocks? Also, the sunspike has a mind of it's own. I don't even know what it does half the time.
    Ha, that's awesome. Thanks though, fixed.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  8. UnderOATH33

I think it does it with all the blocks. The easiest way to recreate it is by adding a room that doesn't line up with the room below it. The cat will just fall until it hits an open block, then it'll act how it normally would.

Another bug (I think) is the dirt will disappear once the cat runs into a block that's above it. [​IMG]

In the editor I've noticed the cat spawn will despawn every now and again, when it does this, it will normally re-appear later on, but won't be active, it'll just display the cat while still in the editor.

Is there a way for the game to remember previous settings? Such as the sound already being muted upon entering the game.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  9. FlynnsPixels

Yeah I see the bugs now, thanks a lot. I'll fix them soon. (;

10. Darkgrammer

Darkgrammer Administrator Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    Those flying spikes sometimes go through you. Dunno why that happens?

11. FlynnsPixels

The collision on spikes and dirt is much better now and fixed the falling through blocks bug.

12. Freedo

Freedo Administrator Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    With the fixing that one bug with the walls or whatever is that now you cannot fall through a 1 wide hole. It won't let you unless you get it aligned perfectly.

13. FlynnsPixels

Eh, that's always been there. That and being able to go through corners. I will see what I can do though.

14. UnderOATH33

Sometimes the homing missiles don't shoot.

15. c3b4me

c3b4me Remember when this place was once was something? Piston

two glitches/bugs if two spikes collide going opposite ways they go right through each other if you jump up at the right time you go through spikes made map for it so read description for map and try.

http://trackmill.com/cat-ninja/maps/17

16. UnderOATH33

Not a bug but when the completed time ends in a 0. It wont show the digits after, I think it should show 3 numbers after the decimal no matter what.

17. goose

18. WouterVL

WouterVL Washer

http://trackmill.com/cat-ninja/maps/23

It don't think it's a bug, but whenever you reset at a checkpoint, you'd lose all your spheres. I had to put it on Hide Timer instead of Collect like i wanted.

19. c3b4me

c3b4me Remember when this place was once was something? Piston

when you re-spawn after changing gravity the gravity dosnt go back to normal

20. FlynnsPixels

Ah, lots of bugs, will fix them as soon as I can.
    Also with the sphere's I won't make them despawn when you die.