1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Bullying

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by White Hat, Jun 20, 2012.

1. oriole01

oriole01 Gunter! Mechanic

Sorry for the bump and double post, but I just saw a powerful bullying assembly at my school this week which was a guy speaking about his son who had committed suicide as a result of bullying/cyber-bullying in Fall 2003 when he was 13. It's just so painful to hear that the kid was bullied over dumb little things even after he died. I saw a lot of people crying in the auditorium. The speaker's name is John Halligan. I don't know if any of you has seen his presentation before.

Anyway, the definition of bullying has become a lot more loosely defined over the years. Twenty years ago, bullying meant getting beat up behind the dumpster after school. Now every single rude comment is considered bullying pretty much, whether it's to someone's face or online. No. Bullying is repeated physical or verbal abuse from a kid to another kid so the bully can get a reaction. Now if you say "You're an idiot" once to someone or something like that, adults will get all up on you and say you're bullying. Sure, it's not the nicest thing to say, but it's not really bullying. The stuff that happened to John Halligan's son was real bullying. Kids were repeatedly abusing him verbally through words and through Instant Messaging online for over three years until he finally had enough and took his own life. If you want to see the full story the link is here:http://www.ryanpatrickhalligan.org/index.htm

2. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    I am a bully. But like some of you said, it's sometimes the victims fault. Which it is here. I bully anyone who picks their nose and eats it/passes on germs/sneezes without covering their nose.

I'm only bullying to educate them.

3. dark boy

dark boy I'm back. Mechanic

Lol. In an other thread you said that you were the victim of bullying.
    Btw oriole, imo it's not a bump if it's in the serious business forum.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  4. Ailegy

Ailegy Hugs :3 Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    the best way to not be bullied is too become extremely annoying and talkative. I would be a punching bag if I didn't do this

5. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    Yes, I'm a bully and a victim of bullying.

6. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

The way I see it is, the best way to not be bullied is to not be fat. This sounds mean but honestly it's true :p
    Or if you're overweight at least be funny.

7. SquishyFish

SquishyFish Clarinet Pro Assembly Line Worker

Yo

To me the only fat men that have a good looking wife are either funny or are rolling in the dough. ;)

But cyber-bullying is... In my opinion if you are a victim of cyber-bullying you can just turn off your electronic device instead of killing themselves. I mean, i feel sorry for them but... They take it way to far.

8. The Pivoter

The Pivoter TheOfficialPivotex Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    So you're fed up with bullying and to relieve the stress you take it out on someone who pisses you off daily?
    I know what it's like. Everyone at school here are mostly complete ***gots who will flip burgers in 5 years.

9. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

The thing is that cyber-bullying usually isn't a standalone issue. From what I've seen and heard it transitions itself into the real world as well. Killing yourself over text messages seems extremely overboard, but there was probably abuse in the real world related to that also.

Like the girl who made a video of her putting a used tampon in her mouth (things you can't f_cking un-see). She obviously was getting insults and slander thrown at her on a daily basis on YouTube, but also imagine what happened to her once the video reached popularity in her school.
    There's been reports of her committing suicide, and then some who state she didn't. Honestly, I have no clue if she did or not. But it's just an example.

10. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    The sick thing is, I'm Primary 7 and my victims are like P1&2.

11. dark boy

:'(
    If you really are bullying people, give us your point of view and an explanation.

12. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    The kids revolt me due to their nose-picking-and-eating habits. I tell thm to stop and they pretend I don't exist.
    If I had a knife they would be tasting it...

13. dark boy

Sooo hardcore. "Some kids don't aknowledge me, better hurt them!". You should stop and grow the ˚˚˚˚ up.

14. Scipion

Scipion bezt trukmall membr Engineer

You're a ˚˚˚˚ing moron.
    I can understand why you're being bullied. Don't tell yourself it's bully's messed up family. I'm pretty sure in your case, you deserve everything you get.

15. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    They don't bully me very hard tho.

16. trexmasterrace

trexmasterrace Assembly Line Worker

bro you gotta learn the rules of school fights
    dont use a weapon unless someone else does first
    dont fight someone weaker than you, unless they are the same age then kick their ***, but dont go looking for a fight with someone its obvious you are going to win against that just makes people think you're an insecure pussy
    dont attack with a group of people, only cowards run in packs, which ironically is an acronym for crip
    no cheap shots

17. The Pivoter

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    ^ No. The main rule of that is try to survive one.

18. trexmasterrace

trexmasterrace Assembly Line Worker

youre thinking street fight
    school fights are a lot different

19. The Pivoter

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Not in the physical sense. Can you please use proper punctuation? This is the Serious Business sub-forum.

20. Cornelias

Cornelias gone. sorry. Mechanic