1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Bullying

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by White Hat, Jun 20, 2012.

1. armator

armator Assembly Line Worker

I'd have to say I agree with this :p Especially young ones reaching into their teenage years seem to be troubled because they're having changes in their lives, and with new hormones can't usually stand beaing teased.

They may also make some new "friends" who end up pressuring them into doing things that aren't ethical, even to the point of putting their life at risk. It can be both the victim and the predator's fault; the predator obviously because they're bullying harmless people into doing things they shouldn't be, but the victim because they should know better and learn to just deal with it (makes you stronger). I may have worded that last bit wrong, but if you know what I meant then good :p

2. Sir Kodiak

Sir Kodiak Killin' Deuces. Washer

The best way to deal with a bully, despite how excruciatingly hard it is (Trust me, I've been there) is to adopt a policy of quiet ignorance. Give no reason for the bully to ridicule you, and remain yourself. Simply avoid contact where possible, focus on studies and those people whom aren't assholes toward you, and don't lose sight of the fact that in choosing not to get involved and not succumb to such rude behaviour, and in not sinking to the level of the bully by "biting back", you are always the better person.

Rest safe in the knowledge that you're kind, smart and assertive, and won't be the one sweeping the floors at McDonalds for the rest of your days.

3. dark smoke

dark smoke also known as auto king Assembly Line Worker

I don't really get bullyed.

4. Josh 443

Josh 443 Mechanic

That is amazing advice.

5. derpdee63

derpdee63 Do you wanna explode? :D Piston

You're right, was that copied/pasted?

6. Sir Kodiak

Sir Kodiak Killin' Deuces. Washer

No, just something I came up with off the top of my head from my own experiences, but I really do appreciate the good feedback, it's a nice feeling to know I could be helping people with their own personal issues. Thanks. :)

7. derpdee63

False. Considering I am in one of these programs myself, I can tell you that these anti-bullying programs use kids like me to help prevent or stop bullying, while avoiding harming or making the bully sad in any way when possible, which it is most of the time.
    Long story short, this "crap" is not insulting bullies, just trying to stop bullying.

And these programs are in fact doing this right, though it is often unnoticed. The kid you just helped after a bully shoved him into the wall may have been planning suicide, and after you helped him, he may become friends with you and change his mind.

-Words Of Wisdom From Yours Truly

8. armator

armator Assembly Line Worker

Just as Long as a person has someone to listen to them and connect with their problems should prevent the bully from harming them so badly. Works with me as I tell certain people about my problems and I never sit and drown in my own sulking.

9. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

I'm starting to have a low friend count because of all the jackasses in my school. I mean, I attend a very outrageously small school that only has one hallway needed for lockers for students, but the town I live in has a pretty notorious reputation for backstabbers, vandals (So much penis. So much poorly drawn penises), and just morons in general. I had a friend and we were really close ever since I moved here in kindergarten, but in these recent years he's become to think of himself as a 'higher power' as such bullies do. Same with another friend that I had. I kind of recently got in touch with a guy that I looked up to in 3rd-4th grade, and he graduated around that time if I remember correctly. He's now stationed in Germany. But I was talking to him a couple months ago on Facebook and he said he doesn't want to set foot in this town ever again, explaining about the people who talk behind their backs. It took me a while but I finally realized that's all true. I'm not trying to make myself sound like I'm the most perfect kid there and I can do no wrong, but there's so many people worse than me in that school/town. I'm going to have to agree with him. Once I leave, I ain't coming back. I've got my eyes on Cali. lol. But I hear the economy's crap there...

I don't know why I typed all of that up, maybe to get out of my system or just to tell people who can't hold on much longer that sometimes you can only trust yourself, or the select handful of friends you have around you.

10. jayrida

jayrida Bolt

i think all this bully sutf is crap!!!!!!!!!!!! CRAP!!! just sick up for your self dont care what the tachers do!

11. Ailegy

Ailegy Hugs :3 Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    did the bullies give you brain damage or can you just not spell?

12. derpdee63

LOL :D

Jayrida, you have to either be bullied or heard about bullying from a target to understand. I still don't understand most of the ways of bullying either, but picture a guy carrying bricks. With every insult or harassment, he is weighed down with a little bit of brick. After 2 or 3 years, all of the bricks adds up to a huge amount. That's about when the guy reaches his breaking point. He lets everything go all at once. So in other words, he gives everything- I mean everything.

Do you see the point here? Hundreds of lives can be saved if you support these innocent victims!

13. c3b4me

c3b4me Remember when this place was once was something? Piston

my personal solution to bullying[witch i used when i was getting bullied] is take up karate and stand up for your self don't let bullies control your life control your own life.also bullies uselessly only bully because of there own insecurity's or because they have been bullied in the past and now there taking it out on other people because they didn't stand up for them self when they were bullied.if there is more then 1 person bullying you then stay with your friends that way they would have to take on more then just you.but one of the most simple solutions is to tone it out stay away from them and just walk away.

14. SquishyFish

SquishyFish Clarinet Pro Assembly Line Worker

yeah, deletecon, Republicans just want to make Obama look bad, but i would say Democrats are doing a lot better than Republican's Last President in Office(Bush).

15. derpdee63

Actually, I am using a more effective way of preventing bullying. As stupid as this may sound, I just ignore them. Realize that as soon as they see one reaction from you, you're done for. If you try my technique after that, they'll know you are just holding back your anger. Otherwise, they won't know a thing. And while you are at it, give them something. Whether it's a simple "Hi, [name]!" or a part of your snack or lunch, that'll work more effectively than just ignoring them any day. I had what could have been 10 kids trying to place targets on my back, but I've now gotten most of them to think otherwise. For example, I gave a part of my granola to one of those kids, and the look on his face was of not only shock, but shame as well. I could tell he had tried to hide it, but he didn't do that well enough.

So if you're like me, start by showing no weaknesses to your want-to-be bully. Then even try to be nice to him. If that doesn't work, ignore the things he does to you as you did before. :)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

And into the new topic. Even though it doesn't trouble me much, I still believe that bullying should be looked into a little closer. As uncommon as it may be, there are kids out there that kill themselves from going insane about their bullying, stay home from school because they are afraid of their bullies, and even kill the bullies themselves. Today's age has developed a bunch of butthurt, dependent, and extremely sensitive idiots, and we need those people protected.

16. c3b4me

c3b4me Remember when this place was once was something? Piston

i said that in a part of it but i dont get bullied now there scared of bullieying me im stronger then all of them and i agree it does need to be looked at clooser

17. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Say what now?

18. SquishyFish

SquishyFish Clarinet Pro Assembly Line Worker

19. Nathan Pro

Nathan Pro J-Dog $wag Assembly Line Worker

No, Obama has been doing terrible in office

Also, you should use correct punctuation when you post in the Serious Business thread.

20. oriole01

oriole01 Gunter! Mechanic

It seems like no matter what the topic, every Serious Business thread turns into a political argument.