1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Bullying

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by White Hat, Jun 20, 2012.

1. White Hat

White Hat Cogwheel

Share your dealings or opinions on bullying.

2. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    On the forums or in real life?

3. <spi>

<spi> go home roger TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

I hate all this anti bullying crap they are doing now. Basicly all they do is tell the bullies "you life sucks, your going to be alone forever, so might as well kill yourself", I don't see how thats helping anyone. I get what they are trying to do, but their doing it wrong.

4. Zags

Zags (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    The anti bullying crap is bullying bullies :eek:

5. White Hat

White Hat Cogwheel

I think human nature is to create hierarchical society. Fighting, taunting, bullying caracteristics help define who is weak and strong in the structure. People who don't stand up for themselves are on the bottom, the stronger ones who stand up for themselves are higher. This is my opinion.

6. <spi>

haha the irony
    basicly yeah, if you have to go get a group of people to be strong fine, but they to go around saying you're better then the strong people, really?

7. White Hat

White Hat Cogwheel

I'm not sure if I understand quite what you say. :idk: But the difference between strong person and weak person is that the strong ones are able to stand up for themselves.

8. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    I think that the government should stop worrying about bullying and start worrying about all the things that Obama has screwed up.

9. cky199

cky199 doing stuff. Mechanic

yeah, blame everything on obama

i kno bullying is bad bc my guidance councelor told my class in 2nd grade so its bad bc yeah it hurts ppls feelings and stuff so

10. Josh 443

Josh 443 Mechanic

I think the government should start worrying about bullying and focus on all of Obama's achievements, such as repealing don't ask don't tell, saving the auto industry, killing Bin Laden, improving job numbers, passing universal health care, got rid of Bush era torture tactics, raised fuel efficiency, improved America's image abroad, passed an act that gave women the right to sue for fair pay, improved nutrition in schools, expanded hate crime protections, passed the dream act, just to name a few.
    Now, back on topic. Bullies should actually get help, not punished. Instead of spending all of the time and resources on punishing bullies, why not help them to find a way to not bully. To people who say to "just take it", I ask you this: Have you ever been bullied to the point of pondering suicide, have you been bullied for 5 years? Have you had to deal the endless torment of everyone in your class harassing you, just because you're different? Have you been attacked? Have you had to deal with Have you had to deal with it being unnoticed, even though you have reported it to the principal on multiple occasions? This system is broken, because punishment doesn't work. It just makes the bully more aggressive towards the victim. I think that the best solution is treatment for both the victim and the bully. I also think that an aggressive campaign through popular media and commercials is another good idea. Don't demonize the bully, because the bully is the victim too. If you actually give people the help they need, then they usually will get better.

11. con

con Administrator Staff Member Admin

my oppinion on bullying is that its a two way street. i know a lot of people hate to heard this, but its half the bully's fault and half the victim's fault. ive been in a natural state to where im neither the bully or victim. and so far, when i see someone get bullied, they deserve it. they put them selves into situations they shouldn't be in. or do things to piss off other people. bullying now a days isn't that type of stuff you see on tv; victim taking books out of his locker and jock knocking books out of his had and his friends laughing at him. i can recall a kid back at my old school who would perilously invade his way into conversation he could find and be as annoying as possible. everybody hated him, and he wondered why.
    just my opinion though. its a bit harsh, but true (from my view)

12. UnderOATH33

UnderOATH33 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

The bus monitor bullying really pissed me off... If you don't know what I'm talking about just google it, its pretty sad.

13. _Raptor_

_Raptor_ Trackmill Staff Mechanic

It sounds like you have been watching a bit too much Fox news.
    On topic, we really can't judge a bully by the way he acts unless we know what's going on in his head. In my opinion, schools need to put Bullies in calm counseling classes and really let them spill everything out they've been holding in. Obviously, the current campaigns of lame plays and widespread ads ISN'T working.

14. THE PENGUINs

THE PENGUINs e pluribus unum Factory Manager

I could care less, the type of bullying that adults think exists doesn't. If you truly want to understand it, you need to be bullied. Gladly, tightly knit groups prevent bullying

So you're saying it's the weak and defenseless's fault for being pathetic, weak and defenseless? Sounds like con is a bully. :p

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  15. _Raptor_

_Raptor_ Trackmill Staff Mechanic

Hey, it really depends. Like we used to have this kid at are school that would bully everyone he saw. Like one time, he just walked up to me and kicked me in the balls for no reason, I mean WTF. He did that to like 20 other random peope. Sometimes, the victim doesn't even know the bully, so it's unfair to say the victim had something to do with it everytime.

16. Deezy1337

Deezy1337 I'm lonely, LF sext buddy TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

Omfg i saw that video days ago..
    I was really pissed off as well.. Those kids are fking immature man.. she's just a sweet old lady..

17. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    I'm 12. I never watch the news, but who doesn't know about Obama screwing things up.

18. <spi>

no. he's saying it's the annyiong peoples fault for bugging the crap out of someone till they punch em =]

19. White Hat

White Hat Cogwheel

That sounds ignorant, now leave the obama talk for different thread.

20. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Well I'm just saying.