1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Animal testing

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by Muzik Bike :D, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Muzik Bike :D

Muzik Bike :D Coloraze World Champion(nobody cares) Engineer

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    I don't actually see totally what's wrong with it, but I'd say that it pretty much depends on what you're testing them with, what it is and what it contains. (like medicines, I would give a no-no)

Anyone else's opinions?

2. usermame 62

usermame 62 My Body is Ready! Assembly Line Worker

You must be joking.

Of course there's a problem with harming biological life! One: we don't have as much to eat and tw:eek: animals such as kittens' and koalas' are so freaking adorable!

Thanks for reading,

-Usermame 62 ;)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  3. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    neither do I but posts like that are against serious business rules

4. usermame 62

usermame 62 My Body is Ready! Assembly Line Worker

Well I've changed it now, so why would they?

5. Freedo

Freedo Administrator Administrator Staff Member Admin

Favorite Game:
    Cat Ninja
    Back on topic now, remember: Serious business

Anyway, I do believe an extent of animal testing is necessary before releasing something to the general public. How can we know for sure that it's safe until we've tested it? I don't think testing should be largescale; testing on rats and other abundant small animals is alright in my mind. Muzik, you said you would test things on animals, but not medicine. What did you have in mind? Medicine is really pretty much the only thing I can think of, besides like daily use applicants that aren't necessarily medicine.

6. Muzik Bike :D

Favorite Game:
    Coloraze
    I was more referring to cleaning products like deodorants and shampoos, for eye irritant purposes. And testing that out on poor little bunnies D:

As for human testing, because of course it's going to be used on humans anyway, I'd be fine,since animals are and will always be superior to humans in some way.

7. flippy01

flippy01 Cogwheel

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    As the species we have become, animal testing has become a necessary thing whilst also largely contested as a thing we do wrongly. It can be argued endlessly over whether it should be done or not and ultimately it will reach nowhere further than the nowhere the argument began.
    However, I'm on the side who agree it is somewhat necessary for our development as a species - although I am also against it because why should we damage other species for our own gain.

8. c3b4me

c3b4me Remember when this place was once was something? Piston

yeah after all its survival of the fittest and its us or them in a lot of case's with testing medical drugs on animals. on that note god-damn it movie scientist stop trying to cure altimeters and testing it on animals e.g Deep blue sea, rise of the planet of the apes. Imagine if this happened in real life.