1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Agree or disagree? Gun Control

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by newgon123, May 14, 2012.

1. Haxzerz

Haxzerz Bolt

If somebody really wants to, they can get their hands on guns either way. The thing is, there's a lot of gun accidents and impulsive actions. You can't get your hands on guns on impulse if there's some kind of regulation.

There are situations where it would be cool if there was a 'good guy with a gun', but most of the time it seems that the 'good guy with a gun' would only make ˚˚˚˚ worse.

I'm kinda in favor of complete abolishment of guns but that isn't very realistic and probably not a good idea anyway, but requiring a gun license is the least one can do.

Also, gun regulation has shown to kinda eliminate those shooting events. It's not merely an 'impulsive reaction', it's a solution that has shown to work. Australia: they had 13 mass shootings in the 18 years before they passed more strict gun legislation, none in the 17 years after.
    "The rate of homicides involving firearms per 100,000 population in 2009 was 0.1, as compared with 3.3 in the United States. The rate of unintentional deaths involving firearms in 2001 was 0.09 as compared with 0.27 in the United States. The overall homicide rate of Australia was 1.2 deaths per 100,000 for 2007-2008, as compared with 4.8 per 100,000 in 2011 for the United States." [wikipedia.org]

Perhaps it's just a United States attitude problem (although Brazil is obviously worse off here), but the fact of the matter is that the average American is four times more murderer than the average Australian. Indeed some maniacs will resort to other methods to kill people, but the number is still significantly lower.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  2. The Pivoter

The Pivoter TheOfficialPivotex Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    I disagree with gun control. Guns control the behaviour and mannerisms of people as well, as New Hampshire (They pride themselves with guns) has a very low crime rate.

Live Free Or Die!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  3. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

You're trolling, right?

4. The Pivoter

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Nah, man. Imagine you are in a town where everyone has at least one gun in their residence. Guns are a way of controlling behaviour, as you can just whip out your AK-47 if someone sexually harasses your children or wife, or if they just post mean stuff about you on Facebook that can have a damaging effect on your life.

5. TrapperJohn

TrapperJohn Que Sera, Sera Engineer

Oh ok, I thought you were saying that taking away guns would control behavior. I read that entirely wrong. Then that means that you are against gun control.

6. trexmasterrace

trexmasterrace Assembly Line Worker

has anyone shot a 10 gauge slug because that thing has a big kick god damn bros

7. The Pivoter

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Whoops... I meant having guns to control people, especially Trex.

8. trexmasterrace

what are you talking about you dont articulate yourself very well because most of the time i have no idea what the **** youre trying to say

9. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

Its weird, I have the same problem with you.

(On topic) I disagree with strict gun control. All you accomplish with that is pissing off more people than you satisfy.

10. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    There's no such thing as 10 gauge

Is there?

11. trexmasterrace

of course there is lol

ot: i dont think people taking all the guns i dont want that

12. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    Damn, powerful gun! I've only shot a 20 cal rifle, 12 and 18 gauge shotguns, buckshot and dove

13. trexmasterrace

yeah its pretty crazy you shoot any handguns bro?

14. deltacon

deltacon Mechanic

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    I had a chance to, but I never got around to it.
    Soon I'm gonna try shooting a 40 (or so) cal sniper rifle and a slug round on an 18 gauge

15. Cornelias

Cornelias gone. sorry. Mechanic

16. oriole01

oriole01 Gunter! Mechanic

I remember back in the winter after the Newtown tragedy that Jon Stewart made a very good point about the second amendment because conservatives were going off that if gun control was put in place, it would violate our constitutional rights. He said that when the constitution was made, the only guns around were MUSKETS, which is true. Now, if you don't know how horrible a musket is, let me inform you. A musket has terrible range and probably has the worst accuracy of any gun ever made. You'd pretty much have to go point blank if you wanted to do some serious damage. On average, it would take about 40 bullets to get a hit and it would take four minutes to reload. People in Colonial America didn't have the kind of supremely accurate, fast, and deadly assault weapons that we have today. They didn't know that over 200 years later people could go commando and enter public places and buildings and spray their assault weapon with dozens of high-capacity magazines and hundreds of bullets and wreak havoc on innocent people and spread lasting fear throughout the whole country and in some cases the world.

Unfortunately, the time of action for gun control to be established is way past due. Now, we'll have to wait for another terrible mass shooting such as Newtown or the Aurora, CO shooting for another opportunity for gun control to be laid down, which to me is plain wrong. The safety of innocent citizens shouldn't have to wait.

17. trexmasterrace

ok well im just going to ignore the part about the constitution because im not a amerifag (no offense amerifags) but anyways if someone breaks into my house with guns, and i have no guns because of gun control except for maybe those muskets which you said suck *** really, then i have to call the police to come help me, and then the police will protect me, with guns. why cant i just own my own gun and not have this whole middleman thing with the police officer. besides an armed society is a nice society if you were a robber would you rather rob a bank full of unarmed people or a bank full of armed people

18. Cornelias

Cornelias gone. sorry. Mechanic

19. trexmasterrace

wouldnt what

20. The Pivoter

Favorite Game:
    Free Rider 2
    There was a shootout in a Texas school or so, where a guy brought a gun into campus and shot a couple of times. Everyone else whipped out their guns and shot him cold.