1. Welcome to the new TrackMill forums! We know things are new around here and may be confusing, so we updated the FAQ. If you have any further questions about the new site please post a thread in the Ask Trackmill section!
    Dismiss Notice

Agree or disagree? Gun Control

Discussion in 'Serious Business' started by newgon123, May 14, 2012.

1. newgon123

newgon123 TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

I love Ted Nugent as a musician, and he also makes some valid points in the politic area. For this specific thread, I want to make some points about gun control (mainly in the U.S.)
    I think that most Americans should have a gun to defend themselves. Now some people may think, more guns more crime, but would you rather shoot someone with or without a gun? I would think without. This could potentially decrease robberies and crime. More crime, also known as Gun Free Zones, someone could just walk up to a defenseless person, and kill them with a knife. Not to mention, if guns are banned, do you think that will stop the people who don't already follow the law? I don't think that getting rid of guns will help much with anything. Ted also made a point that if someone car-jacked(or any other form of crime) and killed the passengers or any other people, he would rather the person who commited the crime should be dead instead, if more people had guns to defend themselves, there could be less crime-makers. Ted also made the point that most of people killed from guns are let out of jail/prison by corrupt officials and judges. He also made a point that we should ban water, to keep people from drowning. To sum things up, I think gun-free zones aren't a good solution, and can potentially cause more crime (this is my main point, although I've made others) I know giving more people guns isn't going to be much better, but feel free to debate.

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  2. Isenki

Isenki Elite Pro CEO Master God VIP of Trackmill Retired Staff Retired Staff

Please mention in your title what the topic is. Also, which mod gave you the link to this? It's not really ready yet

3. newgon123

your announcement did, plus I'm a sneaky person.

4. Isenki

Alright then. Carry on. I've made it public.

5. Josh 443

Josh 443 Mechanic

I think that they should ban the import of new firearms in the united states, but still keep the legal. I remember reading that there are more guns than there are people in the united states, and that guns last a while. If they last so long and there are so many, then why do we need more guns?

I really hope that I posted correctly for this section.

6. THE PENGUINs

THE PENGUINs e pluribus unum Factory Manager

Isn't freedom to bear arms our second amendment in the constitution? Having a gun is fine as long as it isn't misused.

7. Toxic Fuel

Toxic Fuel Mechanic

Amen .

8. thepage

thepage TrackMill Staff Moderator Staff Member Mod

What good will it do if a guy who's planning on breaking the law has a gun and no law abiding civilians have any? The "bad guy" will get a gun through any means if he has something he wants to do, and all the civilians that obey the law will be defenseless. It should be the peoples choice.

9. jake to cake

jake to cake TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro TrackMill Pro

I agree to a certain extent. But I don't think I've ever heard anyone from around where I live die from an automatic gun. But there illegal. So I don't think it'll have as much of an impact on society as you think. Guns should be illegal to a certain extent, I only see the using of guns for war, or just hunting animals (which you have to have a license for), or for government peeps, and the most murders in the US are from the usage of guns.

Ex. if a guy comes to his home late at night, and sees his wife sleeping with another man, so the guy goes and gets his gun and shoots the other man and it kills him. But if he didn't have a gun, and it's illegal to have them, and he would just try and start a fist fight with him, which probably wouldn't kill the other man. And it would give him more time to think about what he would do. And to put his thoughts together without messing up his life or make a drastic mistake.

10. D R Rider

D R Rider Iris Cogwheel

See, we are in quite a situation. There are so many weapons in this world, and the only way to defend yourself is with a weapon. And you get a weapon from buying it or it being handed down. The problem is, most people use it for good, but a lot of people use it for bad. If they stopped allowing guns, 2 problems would happen:

1. Bad people would still get firearms in some sort of illegal way
    2. A lot of people can protect themselves

So, I think it is best to keep allowing possession of firearms.

11. Isenki

By that logic, if even a couple guns were introduced into a community, everyone living there would need a gun to have protection against them. Now, tell me this: holding all else equal, which community will have fewer violent deaths: the one where a few people have a gun, or one where everyone has a gun?

12. Sir Lancerlot

Sir Lancerlot Bum licking goodness Engineer

I've never really liked the idea of guns being legal and so easy to possess. I'm not sure if that's because of where I'm from and how I've grown up, but I just don't think it's necessary.

13. newgon123

Too bad if we make them illegal now it will be very bad. So know we pretty much have to keep them legal :/

14. Sir Lancerlot

Why do you say that?

15. newgon123

If we made them illegal (except during warfare) do you think that would stop people doing illegal things already from having guns? Not only that, but anyone could come up to you, and stab you in the neck, and you wouldn't have a gun to defend yourself. People would also start riots and stuff like that.

16. Sir Lancerlot

Ah yeah, I understand with the first bit, because I suppose how are you gonna get all the guns off everyone now.
    But no, they really won't, I mean who would just go around randomly stabbing people in the neck? :p

17. newgon123

people who are let out of jail by people who feel sorry for them, and can't get access to a gun

18. Sir Lancerlot

Trust me, that doesn't happen.

19. newgon123

Well people kill people with guns, and if you take them away, that won't stop them from killing others.

20. Sir Lancerlot

Yes but how often does someone walk around shooting people? I highly doubt that it would happen too often, and so therefore it wouldn't happen very often with knives.